MFT UPDATE

Onedge11

After having the main screen and module replaced and getting the car back on Thursday the hardware issues are gone for now, but now have software issues not encountered before. Almost all voice commands are not understood by the sync commands, the remote starter not starting the first time (new problem also), ambient lights colors are not what was chosen (trivial). After having the car in shop for 15 days and expecting everything to be alright I quess that was just a little bit to much to ask for. Went back to dealer on Saturday to voice my displeasure and they acknowledged knowing there was still a problem with the software end of things. I asked what was being done to correct the problem and they said they were told by Ford to keep watching the daily updated technical bulletins. I asked if they wanted to write up a service request and they said no. I accepted thier response and said goodbye and I will wait to hear from you. After sitting around this morning and reading the paper I realized that's just what Ford would like us all to do. If we report it to the dealership and they don't write up the work order the issues don't look all that bad for Ford. So no matter how small your inconvenience is, have it documented so that Ford is held accountable. I will keep you updated on my progress when I hear something new. I was told I was one of only a few that got the new screen and module, that now they are all on back order.

WOW, sounds like you have been put through the ringer. I hope my vehicle doesn't go through that. I will watch for your updates and hope that things improve for you soon. Trust that they are addressing your concerns. Bad publicity can do a world of damage....quickly, and I'm sure they are working diligently to tackle these issues.

After having the main screen and module replaced and getting the car back on Thursday the hardware issues are gone for now, but now have software issues not encountered before. Almost all voice commands are not understood by the sync commands, the remote starter not starting the first time (new problem also), ambient lights colors are not what was chosen (trivial). After having the car in shop for 15 days and expecting everything to be alright I quess that was just a little bit to much to ask for. Went back to dealer on Saturday to voice my displeasure and they acknowledged knowing there was still a problem with the software end of things. I asked what was being done to correct the problem and they said they were told by Ford to keep watching the daily updated technical bulletins. I asked if they wanted to write up a service request and they said no. I accepted thier response and said goodbye and I will wait to hear from you. After sitting around this morning and reading the paper I realized that's just what Ford would like us all to do. If we report it to the dealership and they don't write up the work order the issues don't look all that bad for Ford. So no matter how small your inconvenience is, have it documented so that Ford is held accountable. I will keep you updated on my progress when I hear something new. I was told I was one of only a few that got the new screen and module, that now they are all on back order.

Thank you so much for the update! I too was told the part is on back order with no ETA. I told them they can keep the vehicle until a permanent solution is found. The dealership offered to pull another computer module from another Edge...I respectfully declined...why would I want to replace a problem with a problem? Tomorrow will be one week. If no solution is found after 30 days I may have to seek legal advice.

My dealership put me in a 2011 Fusion which is a nice car, but it's not what I paid for.

KEEP US POSTED! Everyone going through this mess, keep us posted!

I wonder if we shouldn't start a new thread...We may need an update thread for those of us who are post repair, and back...