Wife wants an edge, what should I know?

First post here. I fliped through a few of the threads on the first few pages looking for reacuring problems. Havn't seen any.

I test drove an SE at noon today and loved it. She is comming from a VW TOUAREG so she is used to a nice ride. This VW seems like its becomeing a problem and we are out of warranty. I'd like to go with the full jam SEL AWD, but the price is a little high for us right now.

Anyways, my question is ' is there anyhting I should know about these things before I purchase' ?

I like the .9% Finance over 4 years. She drives to many KM to lease.

First post here. I fliped through a few of the threads on the first few pages looking for reacuring problems. Havn't seen any.

I test drove an SE at noon today and loved it. She is comming from a VW TOUAREG so she is used to a nice ride. This VW seems like its becomeing a problem and we are out of warranty. I'd like to go with the full jam SEL AWD, but the price is a little high for us right now.

Anyways, my question is ' is there anyhting I should know about these things before I purchase' ?

I like the .9% Finance over 4 years. She drives to many KM to lease.

We just (last week) went from a 2004 Touareg to the FWD MKX (X-plan lease), and my wife much rather prefers the Lincoln. Although the Touareg was a nice car, we found it very quirky and are ecstatic with the new vehicle.

If you have read through the postings, then you have a pretty good idea about any "issues". Personally I have no issues with my Edge - drives great - love the AWD. People notice 2 things first:

1. My awesome sunroof - it blows them away.

2. The ride - its quiet, comfy, and powerful.

Vist blueovalforums.com for any further insights - there is a Edge forum there. Once you order, you can post your VIN and track your Edge's progress.

Good Luck

No problems here! I have to agree with Edgy Girl....the roof is a must have, but then again I wouldn't own a vehicle if I couldn't open the roof one way or the other!!! :happy feet: It truly is amazingly quiet - I was at a red light the other day, roof open, windows down and some guy next to me was playing some pretty obnoxious music (and I had my own to listen to!) so I put the windows up (roof still open) and I could barely hear his "music"! I am very happy with my Edge, unfortunately I just heard from Ford Motor Company and they are forcing me to pay for it! The nerve! The payments are so much easier though when you are happy with your purchase! Your wife will be very happy with an Edge as her new ride!

Thanx guys, we have driven two so far. looking to peg two ford dealerships against each other to try and get the best deal. Wife doesn't care about the vista roof as much as I do. She would rather leather, I couldn't care less about the cloth or leather. We'll see what the dealerships give us for our Touareg.

Thanx guys, we have driven two so far. looking to peg two ford dealerships against each other to try and get the best deal. Wife doesn't care about the vista roof as much as I do. She would rather leather, I couldn't care less about the cloth or leather. We'll see what the dealerships give us for our Touareg.

Our '04 Touareg had 27K miles, and both Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds had trade in value around $24K. I found that they were going over the block for right around $22k, so I had high hopes for decent value.

Dealer offered us $19K on the VW ...real disappointment. Said the cars weren't going for much more due to the fact that for a little bit more $, people could buy a Lexus or Infinity. Needless to say, we didn't trade the Touareg in....

BOL.

Edited by rickg

• 2 weeks later...

Have a 10:00 apointment with our dealer this morning. I made the mistake last week of leaving the wife at the dealer ship while they were estimating her VW. She sat in an AWD Plus with black leather. That was it, she's wants the Plus. Turns out the lease numbers aren't to bad for 40 000 km a year over three years. So far I have the dealer down to $800.00 over list. I think thats pretty good. Going to see if they will throw in an auto start.

We also have this 'wear and tear' protection for something like $700.00 Covers tires, wipers, etc... over the full lease term! Seems worth it for the tires we will need in two years alone!

I'll report back this afternoon if I sign any papers :-)

Canada Jeff

I hope congrats are in order and you signed on the dotted line?

As a fellow Canadian I could do with some help..... Our local dealer here in Atlantic Canada is giving us the run aorund on figures can you please share yours?

The list price would be most apreciated along with the monthly payments if you finally agreed upon some

Edit: just read your last post. that is one stunning car.

Have a 10:00 apointment with our dealer this morning. I made the mistake last week of leaving the wife at the dealer ship while they were estimating her VW. She sat in an AWD Plus with black leather. That was it, she's wants the Plus. Turns out the lease numbers aren't to bad for 40 000 km a year over three years. So far I have the dealer down to $800.00 over list. I think thats pretty good. Going to see if they will throw in an auto start.

We also have this 'wear and tear' protection for something like $700.00 Covers tires, wipers, etc... over the full lease term! Seems worth it for the tires we will need in two years alone!

I'll report back this afternoon if I sign any papers :-)

Edited by sidmouth