First day blues

First day home with my new Edge and the driver side and center screens intermittently will not turn off when I exit the vehicle. What's up with that?

Are they a light blue colour? If so, you are experiencing the so-called "night light". Even though it may look pretty, it will kill your battery if allowed to stay on. It is triggered, in my experience, when you shut off the car, do not lock it, and then open another door. That's what triggers it. If you are shutting the car off, locking it and closing the door and it is staying on, then you have a different problem. If you have the same experience as me, to solve it, you need to lock the car from the outside by either pushing the black button on the outside of the door handle or by pushing the last 2 buttons on the driver' s side keypad simultaneously. You will see the night light extinguish immediately when you do that. You just have to change your method of locking until this is dealt with in the next update.

Yes, they are light blue. Sometimes it happens on the driver's side screen, sometimes on the center console screen, sometimes both and sometimes it works just fine.

Found this elsewhere on this site:

TSB 10-24-9 was just published on Friday. It states:

Some 2011 Edge and MKX vehicles may experience various concerns with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch Systems that include the following areas: Traffic, Direction and Information (TDI) calling wrong phone number, Travel Link subscription, voice recognition, phone pairing, address book downloads, intermittent touch screen inoperable conditions, SD card fault, screen reboots, performing system maintenance, navigation set in kilometers/voice communicates in miles, and reverse camera scrolling display. To correct these conditions the APIM will need to be reprogrammed.

Yes, they are light blue. Sometimes it happens on the driver's side screen, sometimes on the center console screen, sometimes both and sometimes it works just fine.

Found this elsewhere on this site:

TSB 10-24-9 was just published on Friday. It states:

Some 2011 Edge and MKX vehicles may experience various concerns with MyFord Touch and MyLincoln Touch Systems that include the following areas: Traffic, Direction and Information (TDI) calling wrong phone number, Travel Link subscription, voice recognition, phone pairing, address book downloads, intermittent touch screen inoperable conditions, SD card fault, screen reboots, performing system maintenance, navigation set in kilometers/voice communicates in miles, and reverse camera scrolling display. To correct these conditions the APIM will need to be reprogrammed.

I have the latest update and still have the night light. Just lock your doors like I advised and you;ll be fine for now.

So...I left my Edge with th dealership a full week while I was on vacation and the dealership said they discovered that "the Ford website they need to access to apply the TSB was down and wouldn't be up for another week." So...now what? Have any of you called FORD to check the BS-meter on dealer claims like this?

So...I left my Edge with th dealership a full week while I was on vacation and the dealership said they discovered that "the Ford website they need to access to apply the TSB was down and wouldn't be up for another week." So...now what? Have any of you called FORD to check the BS-meter on dealer claims like this?

There was a problem with the Ford website a couple of weeks ago and believe me you don't want them attempting the update when it is having problems. They broke mine the first time and finally got it fixed and updated on December 21. The problem with the site was supposed to be fixed but I would not be surprised if it is down again. Just keep after the dealer and hopefully you can get the update, they need to download the upgrade locally first, so I would make sure they have done that before they start. On the first attempt they did not have the upgrade locally and were trying to download it over the internet to my Edge, didn't work. I am well pleased with the system now and I have had no problems since the upgrade.