Rearview camera doesn't come on

pam

We have had our 2011 Ford Edge for less than a week, and are still just learning how to use it. Today, when backing out of the driveway the rearview camera did not come on. We did notice on the left side of the instrument panel it says something about Active Park Assist, yes or no. We have no idea what this is, it is set to yes. We could have easily accidentally set something and turned the camera off ourselves, but we don't even know enough to know if we did that! I went into Vehicle settings and it looks like everything is okay, but when we put it in reverse, the display on the mytouch just stays the same, it doesn't switch to camera.

We have had our 2011 Ford Edge for less than a week, and are still just learning how to use it. Today, when backing out of the driveway the rearview camera did not come on. We did notice on the left side of the instrument panel it says something about Active Park Assist, yes or no. We have no idea what this is, it is set to yes. We could have easily accidentally set something and turned the camera off ourselves, but we don't even know enough to know if we did that! I went into Vehicle settings and it looks like everything is okay, but when we put it in reverse, the display on the mytouch just stays the same, it doesn't switch to camera.

On the Actually NAV screen, go to menu, then click vehicle settings, there is an option to enable/disable to rearview camera

On the Actually NAV screen, go to menu, then click vehicle settings, there is an option to enable/disable to rearview camera

I couldn't find this! I found all kinds of other settings. I guess we'll take it back to the dealer tomorrow and see what they say.

The blank screen for the backup camera, upside picture, rolling picture, or long delay of a black screen before or after the camera activates are all symptoms of the buggy My Ford Touch software that the update is supposed to address.

To resolve it yourself, pull fuse 29 (carefully, the fuse is easy to drop behind the kick panel!) and wait a few minutes (no less than a minute, though) and plug the fuse back in. Start the car and let the Sync system reboot itself. Don't touch any controls for a few minutes until the system is fully started (it will take a few minutes) or you'll see really slow response.

-steve