New to the Edge World

heylorac

Greetings Edge Owners! I'm from Washington state & purchased an "09" Edge AWD Limited this past October. It is sterling gray with stone interior. It has all the bells & whistles minus the Vista roof which is something I did not want. It had 17,600 miles on it & I got a great price on it. I had previously owned an "05" Sport Trac & no longer needed 2 trucks in the house hold (my husband has an "08" Sport Trac). We needed more of a family vehicle & something we could carry our 2 German Shorthairs in & the Edge seemed to fit the bill. I have driven my Edge in the sun, pouring rain & as of late, the snow. So far, I'm very happy with it. I hope to read & learn a lot & maybe to share some as well!

Edited by heylorac

Congrats and welcome. I too just joined recently and had considered a gently used Edge myself but ended up opting for new. I also hope this site will be helpful for any info and to share info I've learned also.

[/quote

I saw the pictures of your Edge. Very nice! Like the color & the rims. What color is your interior? How's it been handling in the snow for you? I've had mine in a little bit of snow twice. We don't get a lot in the lowlands in Washington state so I'm just driving the tires that came on it. Handled just fine. Would like to get it in some deeper snow just to challenge it a bit.

Edited by heylorac

I believe the interior is called Charcoal. It's fine for winter but I'm sure it will be hotter than hot to sit on during the summer months. I will miss not having a cooled front seat feature like my other vehicle has. We had snow overnight and extremely cold temps. The car did slide a bit on some snow covered back roads in the ruts and the ABS kicked in at a stop sign, but nothing too unmanageable though.