Waiting for my Edge

Clownpuncher

My wife and I took the plunge and ordered our Edge right before Christmas. Bordeaux Limited FWD with a few options. I had to order it because the only ones in SoCal without a vista roof didn't have any options. It's the first car I've ever ordered and it's supposed to be here next week... can't wait.

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum, lots of useful info. I am a little concerned about the MFT but, when I think about it, it doesn't seem like the problems have been too awful. Plus, if they keep updating it in a timely manner it can only get better.

• Like 1

My wife and I took the plunge and ordered our Edge right before Christmas. Bordeaux Limited FWD with a few options. I had to order it because the only ones in SoCal without a vista roof didn't have any options. It's the first car I've ever ordered and it's supposed to be here next week... can't wait.

I'm glad I stumbled across this forum, lots of useful info. I am a little concerned about the MFT but, when I think about it, it doesn't seem like the problems have been too awful. Plus, if they keep updating it in a timely manner it can only get better.

Plus - most of the people posting are having major issues - there is still a large population that have little to no problems that never speak up. The touch screen is definitely slower/less responsive than an iPod/iPhone Apple product, but still works well. Touch a button and wait - don't keep clicking. Much like with any Microsoft product.

I love mine and hopefully you will too.

Plus - most of the people posting are having major issues - there is still a large population that have little to no problems that never speak up. The touch screen is definitely slower/less responsive than an iPod/iPhone Apple product, but still works well. Touch a button and wait - don't keep clicking. Much like with any Microsoft product.

I love mine and hopefully you will too.

I certainly am looking forward to it. I was going to buy a '10 Lincoln because of the model closeout discount but then I saw the MFT and went with the Edge. I have Sync in my focus and it works pretty well, I am really looking forward to using it in the Edge.

Most of the issues I have seen on here are seem to be from the 1st gen, it seems like there is less complaints since they did their most recent update. I can only imagine it will get better with future updates and with the amount of cars they are putting MFT in or planning on putting it in I foresee several updates in the near future as more people put the system through its paces. Hopefully Ford has some kind of database that dealers can access to see what people are having issues with so they can correct them in a timely manner.

Regardless, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

I certainly am looking forward to it. I was going to buy a '10 Lincoln because of the model closeout discount but then I saw the MFT and went with the Edge. I have Sync in my focus and it works pretty well, I am really looking forward to using it in the Edge.

Most of the issues I have seen on here are seem to be from the 1st gen, it seems like there is less complaints since they did their most recent update. I can only imagine it will get better with future updates and with the amount of cars they are putting MFT in or planning on putting it in I foresee several updates in the near future as more people put the system through its paces. Hopefully Ford has some kind of database that dealers can access to see what people are having issues with so they can correct them in a timely manner.

Regardless, I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Shameful, anyone would think I ordered a Bentley!

After an 18 week wait this vehicle had better be worth it?

:redcard:

18 weeks for an Edge? Do you live on the moon or did you order some strange options? I should get mine in 7 and that is only because I ordered during the holiday break.

Only strange option I'm guessing is the sienna seats. I saw on another board there were delivery issues with these.

But as long as all the MFT problems are fixed before mine arrives I'll be happy.

BTW I live in Calgary (some say its as exciting as the moon :hysterical:)

Only strange option I'm guessing is the sienna seats. I saw on another board there were delivery issues with these.

But as long as all the MFT problems are fixed before mine arrives I'll be happy.

BTW I live in Calgary (some say its as exciting as the moon :hysterical:)

I almost went with the Sienna seats. Glad I didn't now that I see how long it would have taken. Of course, I'm waiting for them to tell me that this huge snow storm has delayed delivery.

Calgary can't be as bad as the moon... you have beer. :happy feet:

• 1 month later...

Well, my Edge came in..... Long story short, the dealer started screwing with me and I walked. I ended up getting a 11 Explorer. I love it and I am sure I would have loved the Edge but the explorer was a better fit for me. Pretty much the same technology and it was closer to what I ordered on the Edge. Anyway, this is a great forum and I will still visit for info until I find a good Explorer forum that has MFT stuff on it.