Is there anything i can do to get my Itunes to play in order of artist and not song title??

Ok,

This is finally driving me crazy. I must have close to 500 songs on my 4 gig USB drive plugged into my 2011 Edge and scrolling through the music has become a royal pain in the A**!!

I want to just press next until an artist I like appears and listen to everything in a row from that person. Instead, after listening to "Bad" from U2, my next song is from Kanye West and not the other 30 songs i have from US which i'm in the mood to listen to, this is so dumb. I don't want to fiddle in the touch screen to find an artist, its way too slow and if I pick an artist from there, once all the songs are played, it just stops so I’d rather search using the controls on the steering wheel instead.

When I got my car flashed with the Gen 2.4 update, when I re-installed my USB it was SOOO amazing, everything was working by artist name and NOT by song title, however, after it completed indexing, it changed back to being in order of song title.

Is there any way to manipulate the iTunes file names or something, anything, that will trick the system into playing it by artist and not song title?

Thanks!

Tony

Edited by Dreamss

Ok,

This is finally driving me crazy. I must have close to 500 songs on my 4 gig USB drive plugged into my 2011 Edge and scrolling through the music has become a royal pain in the A**!!

I want to just press next until an artist I like appears and listen to everything in a row from that person. Instead, after listening to "Bad" from U2, my next song is from Kanye West and not the other 30 songs i have from US which i'm in the mood to listen to, this is so dumb. I don't want to fiddle in the touch screen to find an artist, its way too slow and if I pick an artist from there, once all the songs are played, it just stops so I’d rather search using the controls on the steering wheel instead.

When I got my car flashed with the Gen 2.4 update, when I re-installed my USB it was SOOO amazing, everything was working by artist name and NOT by song title, however, after it completed indexing, it changed back to being in order of song title.

Is there any way to manipulate the iTunes file names or something, anything, that will trick the system into playing it by artist and not song title?

Thanks!

Tony

Create a playlist with the songs in the order you want, then play that playlist. With a usb drive you need a specific playlist file format - do a google search or check syncmyride.com for details.

Although I don't quite understand why it's easier to click through dozens or hundreds of songs rather than click on one artist or just use the voice control and say play artist.