First Service - Oil Change

d_source

Hi all,

I just hit 5000KMs and 3 months with my edge. I see in the manual it says to wait until the indicator int he car tells you to go in for an oil change. I'd prefer to know how long that would/should take. The norm on every other car i've driven is 3 months or 5000kms. Especially the first should come sooner rather than later. Can anyone tell me what the proper sched should look like? Obviously i'm in Canada.

Thanks.

I agree. I wouldn't mind the computer telling me when to go but i haven't had good experiences with that on other cars. Our trade-in car had the same system and it was shotty at best, so i would just go by time/kms anyways.

What level should the oil be at before the warning comes on? ~30%? 0%?

Hi all,

I just hit 5000KMs and 3 months with my edge. I see in the manual it says to wait until the indicator int he car tells you to go in for an oil change. I'd prefer to know how long that would/should take. The norm on every other car i've driven is 3 months or 5000kms. Especially the first should come sooner rather than later. Can anyone tell me what the proper sched should look like? Obviously i'm in Canada.

Thanks.

You should change it somewhere between 6 and 12 months and 10K-20K KMs. Ford uses synthetic blend oil and the newer vehicles use a sophisticated algorithm that takes into account engine load and other factors to determine when it actually needs to be changed.

Changing it every 3 months/5K miles is overkill and a waste of good oil on today's engines.