2011 Limited HVAC problem

Hi guys I have just over 1900 miles on my new edge. Everything is great since the sync gen 2 upgrade accept one thing...

When I set the vents to blow air through both the lower and upper vents at the same time. It sounds like its blocked makes a big whiring noise. No air comes out through the bottom and only a small amount of air comes out through the main vents even if the fan makes a lot of noise....almost sounds as if its blocked. But if I want air through just the bottom or just the main vents it works fine and no whiring noise. Which makes me think its blocked when its on both at the same time.

Has this happened to anyone else or has anyone else noticed this problem? I am going to take the car to the dealer but I wanted to double check to see if it was something that I could fix on my own first.

Thanks,

Sounds like the actuator or "trap door" is malfunctioning. Maybe something is blocking the door but it's strange that it works fine when not splitting the air flow. Service appointment time.........good luck !

BTW, how's the Cobra running ?.......I own a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra convertible.

Edited by ThinLine

Sounds like the actuator or "trap door" is malfunctioning. Maybe something is blocking the door but it's strange that it works fine when not splitting the air flow. Service appointment time.........good luck !

BTW, how's the Cobra running ?.......I own a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra convertible.

I actually sold it before winter... I have had my eye on a 2011 GT500 for a while... I might pull the trigger this spring time.

Na I don't think so... the boss is only going to be 430 ish HP... I'll take a supercharged 5.4L with 550hp :)

It's actually 445 horse which is underated by about 20 horses. If you think about it...not only is the cobra supercharged but it has a 5.4 liter which makes only 100 more horses than a naturally aspirated 5.0. Don't get me wrong....cobra is king and carroll shelby is a god.....hell, my wife is pregnant and if it's a girl her name is going to be Shelby ! 5he cobra is a much heavier vehicle and I suspect 1/4 mile times will be very similar. However, on the twistys the boss will leave the cobra in the dust. Just something to think about.