Sirius Activation/Tuning

Just bought a cherry 2007 MKX with 50k miles and not a scratch or rattle! Love the car. However, when attempting to activate Sirius, the operator instructs me to tune to channel 168 for downloading the program content. No big deal, have done it on my other vehicles. The MKX has the nav and THX option. When I set the screen to Sat, I immediately get a message to call 1 800 etc. Sirius. I do, they send the authorization signal, but I can't tune the radio, much less get away from the 800 message. We have attempted this procedure, 5 times in the last 4 days, in essence, You can't get there from here. Thoughts?

Just bought a cherry 2007 MKX with 50k miles and not a scratch or rattle! Love the car. However, when attempting to activate Sirius, the operator instructs me to tune to channel 168 for downloading the program content. No big deal, have done it on my other vehicles. The MKX has the nav and THX option. When I set the screen to Sat, I immediately get a message to call 1 800 etc. Sirius. I do, they send the authorization signal, but I can't tune the radio, much less get away from the 800 message. We have attempted this procedure, 5 times in the last 4 days, in essence, You can't get there from here. Thoughts?

Same thing.. bought a 07 edge and the previous subscription just expired... i set up new account and have been trying for 3 days to call and reset... my instructions tell me to tune to 184 but as you said, there seems to be no way to change channel and get away from call sirius message. I've called several times, but they sirius reps can't seem to understand that i can't change the channel... and just keep repeating "turn to channel 184".... arrrgghh! If i find an answer I will let you know.

Edited by cb8892

Same thing.. bought a 07 edge and the previous subscription just expired... i set up new account and have been trying for 3 days to call and reset... my instructions tell me to tune to 184 but as you said, there seems to be no way to change channel and get away from call sirius message. I've called several times, but they sirius reps can't seem to understand that i can't change the channel... and just keep repeating "turn to channel 184".... arrrgghh! If i find an answer I will let you know.

Found this thread... sounds like what we're dealing with... from user Thower20, thread: Sirius radio, radio needs to be reset

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6012-sirius-radio/page__view__findpost__p__48789__hl__%2Bsirius+%2Bactivation__fromsearch__1

Found this thread... sounds like what we're dealing with... from user Thower20, thread: Sirius radio, radio needs to be reset

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?/topic/6012-sirius-radio/page__view__findpost__p__48789__hl__%2Bsirius+%2Bactivation__fromsearch__1

searching the web... same answers from many other forums, makes, etc.... most answers say keep trying over and over and over, eventually it will reset, even if not on designated channel. Some advise a hard reset by completely disconnecting power supply for a few seconds then trying all of the above again... a few people said had to buy new receiver. apparently ford nor sirius has a procedure.