MP3 CD wont read correctly

My wife bought a new MKX yesterday with the THX Nav sound system. It does sound impressive! The MP3 discs that I already had that play perfectly in my Toyota RAV4 with JBL system will only play the first two folders on the disc. I have tried serveral options of folder combos with no success. The files I am using are ripped straight from old audio CDs. I can burn a new disc that will play some songs in the MKX but then pop it out and it plays fine in my Toyota.

This is frustrating as you can imagine.

Any ideas are welcome.

The vehicle is quite impressive. I am not much of a Ford fan but this is by the best small SUC (sport utility car) we drove.

Very quiet inside at speed. Nice smooth ride. Cooled seats are very cool.

Thanks for any ideas you might have............................

My wife bought a new MKX yesterday with the THX Nav sound system. It does sound impressive! The MP3 discs that I already had that play perfectly in my Toyota RAV4 with JBL system will only play the first two folders on the disc. I have tried serveral options of folder combos with no success. The files I am using are ripped straight from old audio CDs. I can burn a new disc that will play some songs in the MKX but then pop it out and it plays fine in my Toyota.

This is frustrating as you can imagine.

Any ideas are welcome.

The vehicle is quite impressive. I am not much of a Ford fan but this is by the best small SUC (sport utility car) we drove.

Very quiet inside at speed. Nice smooth ride. Cooled seats are very cool.

Thanks for any ideas you might have............................

I have never thought of putting music into folders on a CD. What is the advantage of doing that if you are playing them in a CD player? Don't you expect the music to just play one after the other? Why not just put them all on the CD without bothering with folders.

Maybe you should try another bit of software for making your CDs. Itunes works just fine for me and for millions of people.

I have never thought of putting music into folders on a CD. What is the advantage of doing that if you are playing them in a CD player? Don't you expect the music to just play one after the other? Why not just put them all on the CD without bothering with folders.

Maybe you should try another bit of software for making your CDs. Itunes works just fine for me and for millions of people.

I am using Nero to burn the MP3 CD. I have Itunes also but dont normally use it. I have tried to resolve this issue by using no folders and also just one folder with no success.

Are you able to put 100 songs on a disc using Itunes sucessfully? And it plays all 100 songs. I can only get it to play about the first 20 songs. These discs all play perfully in my toyota.

I am about to try Itunes to see if that will fix it.

Thanks for your thoughts

I am using Nero to burn the MP3 CD. I have Itunes also but dont normally use it. I have tried to resolve this issue by using no folders and also just one folder with no success.

Are you able to put 100 songs on a disc using Itunes sucessfully? And it plays all 100 songs. I can only get it to play about the first 20 songs. These discs all play perfully in my toyota.

I am about to try Itunes to see if that will fix it.

Thanks for your thoughts

Your music files must be compressed or low quality MP3's. I have never put that many on a single CD, so I can't say if itunes can handle that or not. If you have the better sound system in your car, you might consider a larger or higher quality MP3. Of course, you will not be able to fit as many on your CD as before. You can adjust the preferences in itunes so that when you rip your original music CDs, you can select which level of quality you want. This will affect file size. If you purchase songs from itunes, you can either do one of two things. You can either use the protected ACC format or you can convert it to a nonprotected MP3. Either way, it will play. For your other MP3's you have, you will have to import them into itunes. You should be able to find that command, then navigate through the dialogue boxes to select your files. In itunes, you just create a playlist with the songs you want, then burn it. At some point, it will tell you if it won't fit on a CD. You may be able to figure out from the size of the playlist if it will fit or not before you try to burn. There are lots of tips and info on the apple web site. Good luck.

Your music files must be compressed or low quality MP3's. I have never put that many on a single CD, so I can't say if itunes can handle that or not. If you have the better sound system in your car, you might consider a larger or higher quality MP3. Of course, you will not be able to fit as many on your CD as before. You can adjust the preferences in itunes so that when you rip your original music CDs, you can select which level of quality you want. This will affect file size. If you purchase songs from itunes, you can either do one of two things. You can either use the protected ACC format or you can convert it to a nonprotected MP3. Either way, it will play. For your other MP3's you have, you will have to import them into itunes. You should be able to find that command, then navigate through the dialogue boxes to select your files. In itunes, you just create a playlist with the songs you want, then burn it. At some point, it will tell you if it won't fit on a CD. You may be able to figure out from the size of the playlist if it will fit or not before you try to burn. There are lots of tips and info on the apple web site. Good luck.

All of my MP3 files are at 192mbps or greater this is the standard MP3 format. I tried your Itunes idea. The default setting on Itunes is to convert the ACC files back to audio file which are quite large. In standard audio format only about 15 sounds or so will fit on a 650 meg cd disc. The owners manual warns againest burning all the way to 700mb. I changed the default settings in Itunes to allow it to burn an mp3 disc but the car will still only read one folder. I do have a disc that will display two folders but I am not quite sure why it only sees the two folders out of seven on the disc. There must be some kind of format issue with this player. All my discs work perfectly in my JBL Toyota high end system.

Problem solved. This stereo system will only read MP3 files. Most of these units will also read ACC files and also WMA files that are quite similar.

Bad news for me I have 900 cds ripped into WMA format. Back to work.

Thanks for the help!

Your system should read WMA and Mp3 files, it's the AAC files it does not like. But then that's why Ford gave you an iPod jack in your center arm rest storage bin....

Edited by Heysdad

Your system should read WMA and Mp3 files, it's the AAC files it does not like. But then that's why Ford gave you an iPod jack in your center arm rest storage bin....

I haven't actually tried it yet, but according to page 37 of the owners manual

While various

files may be present, (files with

extensions other than mp3), only

files with the .mp3 extension will be

played.

But the owners manual isn't always accurate.

Bryce

I haven't actually tried it yet, but according to page 37 of the owners manual

But the owners manual isn't always accurate.

Bryce

When I make music CDs in itunes, I just select the "audio CD" format in the preferences for burning. I start with protected ACC songs I purchased from itunes and it always comes out playing just fine in the car CD player.

When I make music CDs in itunes, I just select the "audio CD" format in the preferences for burning. I start with protected ACC songs I purchased from itunes and it always comes out playing just fine in the car CD player.

That makes it a Music CD (like a store bought) format, not a Data CD with .mp3 files, dosn't it? So you only get 10-20 tracks, not 200+