2011 Edge Calendar Issue

Well resolved the calender/ time issue but have Audio issue now.

When I turn the Audio on, it turns on but no sound nothing, small screen in dash says "Audio off". Turn it ON & OFF nothing. But if I go in the audio screen and select a different medium for example, if AM/FM was playing select Sirrius, everything goes back to normal.

SYNC commands are performing OK

Well resolved the calender/ time issue but have Audio issue now.

When I turn the Audio on, it turns on but no sound nothing, small screen in dash says "Audio off". Turn it ON & OFF nothing. But if I go in the audio screen and select a different medium for example, if AM/FM was playing select Sirrius, everything goes back to normal.

SYNC commands are performing OK

I've made my appointment for tomorrow, well let you know how things work out for me.

Hello everyone!

Finally had dealer do the upgrade for sync and the calendar still not correct. According to my sync calendar its July 27, 2018. No change that I have noticed with the recall. I know, its just a calendar as someone wrote in the forum. Returning to different dealer this week. Thanks for listening.

I was having the same problem with the date issue and the dealer notified me that there was a Technical Service Update that came out in later March that should fix the problem. As of 4-8-11 it has corrected my issues. Check back with the dealer for the latest update, should resolve all. Will keep all posted if things change.

• 1 month later...

Here is a link to a fix On the Sync Owner to Owner site for one the calendar issues where the system date is wrong. Mine was showing January 2030 and this fixed mine. Clock will now show correct time when set to GPS. May or may not work for you but it is so simple to do that it is worth a try.

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=22&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=3316

It is post 23.

"Step :1 : Place your vehicle with an unobstructed view of the sky facing South... Step: 2: Remove the (-) negative cable from your battery and let sit for at least 5 minutes. Step: 3: Reconnect the battery cable and turn on your vehicle and press the Information button located on the bottom center of your screen for Nav equipped vehicles or for non-nav select the calendar and confirm the date information is correct...."

The solution is so simple (Disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes to reset the GPS) that it really irks me that none of the dealers seem to know about this solution. I didn't lose any of my presets or have to re-sync my phones. The Sirius Travel Link stuff did have to reload.

Edited by curlysir