Class ll towing pkg

Hey there all,

I just purchased an SEL AWD and it did not come with the C-ll trailer hitch that was asked for. I am under the impression that these are a factory install and to add this hitch (dealer install) is not possible due to the upgraded radiator, battery, oil cooler etc.

I haven't heard back from the dealer yet so I thought I would check in here.

Would sure like some help on this one.

Thnx,

Edge-ucate me

I agree with jamers you can obviously add a hitch but hes right no bigger bat, radiator and what ever else comes from factory. I personally don't think all that stuff will make much difference because the towing limit is still quite low for the edge. but if you had it as an option then make sure you get what you paid for.

I wanted the tow package for everything it added. We'll never tow a thing with it, I dirve a Tundra. But I liked the addition heat protection items etc...

+1

I've got a F-250 CrewCab PowerStroke 4x4 for when we want to tow stuff, but the extras that the tow package added seemed to be worth it to me.

As for being "really quite disappointed with the overall Ford experience" I'd think that was the dealers fault... did you order your Edge or was it out of dealer stock? How'd they miss getting you one with the options you specified? If it didn't have what you wanted, I'd have told the dealer that they were stuck with it and that they could find/order me what I wanted. We bought our Edge from one dealer, but it actually came from a dealer across town because of what we wanted on it.

Bryce