Pictures of JL Subwoofer and Amps

Here's a few pictures of the JL Audio Stealbox, amps, front tweeters, and Audio Control LC7. The amps/LC7 are mounted directly behind the rears seat in front of the spare tire. The depth of foam deck support blocks have been trimmed to go over the amps.

Tahoe,

Are your amps actively cooled (a fan in the amp)? If not, have you had them overheat yet being under the floorboard? I am doing the exact same thing you did in my 2011, and putting the amps in the exact same place, but both of mine are passively cooled so I am worried they are going to overheat. The 2011 doesnt have that foam so I wont have that there, but otherwise it is the same.

Also, did you have to add a battery or alternate power source, or does the stock batter handle two amps ok?

Looks great, and gave me the inspiration to put my system in finally!

In another thread Tahoe stated that the stock alternator and battery were sufficient and is doing the job perfectly.

Tahoe,

Are your amps actively cooled (a fan in the amp)? If not, have you had them overheat yet being under the floorboard? I am doing the exact same thing you did in my 2011, and putting the amps in the exact same place, but both of mine are passively cooled so I am worried they are going to overheat. The 2011 doesnt have that foam so I wont have that there, but otherwise it is the same.

Also, did you have to add a battery or alternate power source, or does the stock batter handle two amps ok?

Tahoe,

My amps do not have cooling fans, but they do have very well designed heat sinks. There is no problem with overheating, but I'm sure there are some lesser amps that might have trouble mounted in this location; especially in warmer climates. MIne is a 2011 as well. Not all trim levels have the foam blocks under the hatch as pictured. Mine is a company vehicle so of course it's the base SE model with no upgrades.

• 1 month later...

My amps do not have cooling fans, but they do have very well designed heat sinks. There is no problem with overheating, but I'm sure there are some lesser amps that might have trouble mounted in this location; especially in warmer climates. MIne is a 2011 as well. Not all trim levels have the foam blocks under the hatch as pictured. Mine is a company vehicle so of course it's the base SE model with no upgrades.

We're still waiting on your pictures of the BIG3 upgraded wiring so everyone on the forum can see what it entails on their Edge

ps - tell your company to get with the times. My company vehicle is an '11 Edge SEL with MFT, Sirius, roof rails, storage bins in spare tire well etc.

Edited by BlackenedEdge