Black Tire Dressing, grrrr

I've never used a tire dressing, but obviously our dealer did when the prepped our 2011 Edge Ltd for delivery. There is some sort of stuff, which I have now dubbed "black $%*#" on the tires that has gotten on the clothing of just about everyone in my family. It's not like we hang out around the tires or anything, somehow it just happens in the course of life. Anyway, I've washed the car once now (didn't focus on the tires, as I didn't want black $%*# on anything) and still somehow just got it on my cargo shorts walking by the car in the garage today. How do I take that crap off, and any great suggestions on how to get it out of clothes, because we've now ruined a couple pair of pants, a pair of shorts and my 4yo daughter's shirt.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I've never used a tire dressing, but obviously our dealer did when the prepped our 2011 Edge Ltd for delivery. There is some sort of stuff, which I have now dubbed "black $%*#" on the tires that has gotten on the clothing of just about everyone in my family. It's not like we hang out around the tires or anything, somehow it just happens in the course of life. Anyway, I've washed the car once now (didn't focus on the tires, as I didn't want black $%*# on anything) and still somehow just got it on my cargo shorts walking by the car in the garage today. How do I take that crap off, and any great suggestions on how to get it out of clothes, because we've now ruined a couple pair of pants, a pair of shorts and my 4yo daughter's shirt.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Go to Home Depot and get some Zep Purple Degreaser. Buy one of their gray chemical resistant sprayers and mix it 4:1 (4 parts water, one part product). It's about $12/gallon. Wet tires, spray on liberally and scrub with a brush. Use a power washer if you have one. Zep purple is strong stuff and should do it. If not, it may be a solvent based product. Get some prepsol and pour it on a rag and wipe it on the tires. Finish with the Zep steps as outlined above. That should do it for you.