• 2 months later...

The same exact thing happened to mine. The plastic female receiving end that the washer fluid nozzle attaches to (behind the square hole where the fluid comes out, when the part is properly attached and working) completely broke off. I never heard it break, I never remember it jarring loose. one day I noticed while driving, the washer fluid simply wouldn't squirt the back window any longer. it simply dribbled from under the rear wing, running all over the place and partially down the back window but not in an actual "spray" pattern. what I found when I investigated, was the spray nozzle dangling from the inside of the square hole while the 3rd brake light cover was still partially attached, by the rubber seal around the nozzle. but then upon removing the 3rd brake light cover, I could see the thing it was supposed to attach to, to hold it in place was flat out gone.

I believe it is clearly a faulty design by Ford, which should have not been attached this way (or designed to be much stronger), and appears to be from plastic fatigue from regular use of the rear window fluid sprayer. I use my rear window wiper to clear the back window about once a week, maybe more during the few rainy months, and mine broke off about 2 months shy of the three year mark. I only wish I had caught it sooner. I would have had it replaced under warranty. now all I can do is bring it to the Service Advisor's attention to tell me I'm "SOL". at which point I will complain directly to Ford, even though my vehicle is now three months beyond the original warranty.

if I was actually able to locate the plastic piece that used to be there, I would find a super strong epoxy and cement it back on. but even that's not possible since I never found it and have no idea where it went.

I'm not sure what that metal thing protruding "up" in your close-up 2nd photo is, that doesn't appear in the first photo. that's the only mystery to me...

The same exact thing happened to mine. The plastic female receiving end that the washer fluid nozzle attaches to (behind the square hole where the fluid comes out, when the part is properly attached and working) completely broke off. I never heard it break, I never remember it jarring loose. one day I noticed while driving, the washer fluid simply wouldn't squirt the back window any longer. it simply dribbled from under the rear wing, running all over the place and partially down the back window but not in an actual "spray" pattern. what I found when I investigated, was the spray nozzle dangling from the inside of the square hole while the 3rd brake light cover was still partially attached, by the rubber seal around the nozzle. but then upon removing the 3rd brake light cover, I could see the thing it was supposed to attach to, to hold it in place was flat out gone.

I believe it is clearly a faulty design by Ford, which should have not been attached this way (or designed to be much stronger), and appears to be from plastic fatigue from regular use of the rear window fluid sprayer. I use my rear window wiper to clear the back window about once a week, maybe more during the few rainy months, and mine broke off about 2 months shy of the three year mark. I only wish I had caught it sooner. I would have had it replaced under warranty. now all I can do is bring it to the Service Advisor's attention to tell me I'm "SOL". at which point I will complain directly to Ford, even though my vehicle is now three months beyond the original warranty.

if I was actually able to locate the plastic piece that used to be there, I would find a super strong epoxy and cement it back on. but even that's not possible since I never found it and have no idea where it went.

I'm not sure what that metal thing protruding "up" in your close-up 2nd photo is, that doesn't appear in the first photo. that's the only mystery to me...