Brake Rotor Sizes???? Confused!!!

Today I tried to install new front brakes rotors, that I ordered online, on my wifes 2008 FWD Edge Limited. Key word, Tried!

After getting them on, I realized they were smaller than the rotors that were on there. Half of the brake pads were hanging off the edge of the rotor. I assumed they sent me the wrong part. But after measuring them and doing some research, they seem to be the right size (11.6").

I did not measure the original rotors before replacing them because I did not expect this problem. I will have to do that tomorrow.

So the question is, Has anyone heard of bigger rotors (Possibly the AWD ones) on the FWD??? Or might this be because it has 20" wheels???

Any help with this topic would be appreciated.

• 3 months later...

Today I tried to install new front brakes rotors, that I ordered online, on my wifes 2008 FWD Edge Limited. Key word, Tried!

After getting them on, I realized they were smaller than the rotors that were on there. Half of the brake pads were hanging off the edge of the rotor. I assumed they sent me the wrong part. But after measuring them and doing some research, they seem to be the right size (11.6").

I did not measure the original rotors before replacing them because I did not expect this problem. I will have to do that tomorrow.

So the question is, Has anyone heard of bigger rotors (Possibly the AWD ones) on the FWD??? Or might this be because it has 20" wheels???

Any help with this topic would be appreciated.

I have a 2008 Lincoln Special Edition with 20" wheels and had the same problem. I ordered the FWD rotors, since my car is FWD. I put the rotors on and they looked too small. I then measured the old ones and they are 12.6 and the ones that were too small are 11.6. Lucy by some chance an Advance auto parts by me had two in stock. I returned the other ones. Not sure why maybe the 20" wheels, I was thinking because of the special edition package on mine, but yours is a limited so the wheels make more sense.