BUILD DATES??

I have read in a few spots on this forum that vehicles built before JAN '07(I think) are more prone to problems. Is this true? Did Ford change something with suppliers or design? Whats the deal? How do you find out your build date and what problems are more likely with older ones?

I have read in a few spots on this forum that vehicles built before JAN '07(I think) are more prone to problems. Is this true? Did Ford change something with suppliers or design? Whats the deal? How do you find out your build date and what problems are more likely with older ones?

your build month and year are on the sticker between the front and rear drivers door on the lower portion of the B-Pillar.

Dunno about early build date issues.. I've got a March 07 build Edge.

Bryce

Tons of modifications did happen to the Edge up to Jan 2007. This can include change headrest design for 5 star test crashing to less reflective dash trim and other technical issues.

Mine is an April 07 build

If you want to know the entire VIN history - post it at blueovalforums.com - under vehicle locator by employees - and they can give you the complete production timeline.

We (wife) came from a first year VW Touareg, thing was nothing but problems. Our last repair invoice was over $2300.00 :-( . The current models are much better I have read.

I was leary about purchasing another first year vehicle, but it is a derivitive of a proven Mazda platform which made me feel better. The VW was a brand new ground up vehicle with more computers than NASA is swear !

We love our Edge :-)