A noise with the break pedal

Almost every time I hit the break pedal I hear this noise.....it sounds like a small piece of metal slidding and hitting something. It is the break pedal not the brakes. I hear the noise down by my foot. Has anybody ever experienced this ? Or maybe know what the heck it may be? I brought the car to the dealer on Friday, because I was a little concerned that maybe what ever is moving down there may get in my way of pressing the pedal at some point. My luck, it stopped making the noise as soon as I pulled in the lot. I had them look anyway. Someone drove my car around and two guys were looking around the pedal and didn't find anything. And said "well, if you ever hear it again come back and we will look at it". Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I pulled out on route 1 it started again. There was no way I was going to turn around and go back at that point.....I'm sure they were still sharing a laugh at the air headed blonde that thinks her break pedal is making a noise.

Later that night my husband heard it, and said "That is not normal!", but he couldn't see anything wrong. So anyway I would like to get this resolved, but would like to have some ideas on what it could be before bringing it back to Ford.

Almost every time I hit the break pedal I hear this noise.....it sounds like a small piece of metal slidding and hitting something. It is the break pedal not the brakes. I hear the noise down by my foot. Has anybody ever experienced this ? Or maybe know what the heck it may be? I brought the car to the dealer on Friday, because I was a little concerned that maybe what ever is moving down there may get in my way of pressing the pedal at some point. My luck, it stopped making the noise as soon as I pulled in the lot. I had them look anyway. Someone drove my car around and two guys were looking around the pedal and didn't find anything. And said "well, if you ever hear it again come back and we will look at it". Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I pulled out on route 1 it started again. There was no way I was going to turn around and go back at that point.....I'm sure they were still sharing a laugh at the air headed blonde that thinks her break pedal is making a noise.

Later that night my husband heard it, and said "That is not normal!", but he couldn't see anything wrong. So anyway I would like to get this resolved, but would like to have some ideas on what it could be before bringing it back to Ford.

Is "break pedal" a freudian slip? Certainly sounds like your brake pedal is broken. The key is to figure out how to reproduce it on demand or wait until it's doing it and go straight to the dealer and have them check it.