LED signal install

Just installed LED turn signal indicators into the driver and pass. mirrors of my edge...took me about 2 hrs each side as i had to snake the wires thru the engine/firewall/ and remove the mirrors to insure a pro. install. If anyone decides to do this, twist the turn signal bulb connector away from its housing in each of the headlight housings, look for the BLACK ground wire(there are 3 wires), take your hot lead wire from your new led signal, and splice it into the wire at the opposite end of the where the black wire is. (not the middle wire) Each signal housing has a different color hot wire for that turn signal, so that is why i do not specify a color. I took the ground wire and connected it to the mirror housing bolts which bolt directly to the edges metal bodywork. post-650-1183452426_thumb.jpgpost-650-1183452305_thumb.jpg

Edited by SALEENS7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody know where the flasher relay is? I want to find if I can get a load flash relay for LED lights. I allready have a light that partially burned on on the turning side. If I get LED lights, ill need to load it so it doesnt flash fast crazy? Ill show pics and where I got them once I get them all installed. LED lights everywhere.Prob about 100 bucks for all.

There is no flasher relay. Almost all of the bulbs in the Edge (and most other Fords) are controlled by the Smart Junction Box. In the Edge, it's located inside the driver-side kick panel.

If you're just adding these LEDs (or the stick-on Muth LED mini-mirrors), the circuit is already loaded enough by the existing bulbs. You'd only need to load the circuit if you removed one of the two existing bulbs on each side.