New Alloy Edge member

edge2go

Hello to all Edge fans!

I was surprised to see that there is only 1 alloy (me!) Edge in the survey. It seems to be the popular colour here in Vic.

I added custom stripes on the doors to imitate the grille lines - silver metallic, really shows up at nite.

This forum is great - good to see and read everyone's posts.

Thanks,

Doug

Is alloy similar to Carbon here in the States?

Wow, an alloy GT too...

Welcome Doug

Thanks 3 Bar.

Sounds like they are the same ... alloy is a super dark grey, almost looks like it's black.

I ordered the GT last October in alloy, took delivery in February. Driving by a dealer one day I seen the alloy Edge and it was good-bye Focus, hello Edge.

And you have some pretty nice toys parked at home too, I see! Why are you waiting for the '09?

Thanks 3 Bar.

Sounds like they are the same ... alloy is a super dark grey, almost looks like it's black.

I ordered the GT last October in alloy, took delivery in February. Driving by a dealer one day I seen the alloy Edge and it was good-bye Focus, hello Edge.

And you have some pretty nice toys parked at home too, I see! Why are you waiting for the '09?

Hi Doug,

I need to feed the Pig(save money) before I can dich the 180,000 mile escape and order the HOT looking Edge. In the mean time, I'm enjoying what all the new owners are saying about thier Rides.. :shades:

I'd also like to see FORD change America's perception of the American Automobile and return to profitability with quality products; the Edge/Fusion/Flex are a good start! :rockon:

Can't wait to see the restyled 09 F-150...

Hello to all Edge fans!

I was surprised to see that there is only 1 alloy (me!) Edge in the survey. It seems to be the popular colour here in Vic.

I added custom stripes on the doors to imitate the grille lines - silver metallic, really shows up at nite.

This forum is great - good to see and read everyone's posts.

Thanks,

Doug

That striping job looks slick Doug. I have the Carbon SEL+ too and I can't stop looking at her.

What do custom stripes like that cost?

Andrew

That striping job looks slick Doug. I have the Carbon SEL+ too and I can't stop looking at her.

What do custom stripes like that cost?

Andrew

Hi Andrew - nice to meet you.

I had the stripes put on at a local trim shop I go to. It was $250. They had done hood-deck, and door stripes for my GT.

I since seen an Acura MDX with a similar stripe job, a bit like the new Mustang side stripe spacing.

Send some pics if you get stripes on yours. By the way, what happened to your Jetta?

Doug