Hey Guys,

How hard would it be to install a set of oem fogs on a 2010 SE? I am mechanical in that I do all my own work to my cars, but being new to the edge, just wanted to see what peoples thoughts are on installing these.

I found the fogs on a ford parts website for around 70 a piece and another 40 a piece for the chrome inserts.

Would this install involve removing the front bumper? I figured id just wire them up to the running lights and put them on a switch which I can throw in the center counsel. I would try to find a new lighting piece that will allow the pop out for the fog lights to be turned on but I have no idea about wiring something like that up.

I also do not want to spend 400 dollars on a dealer install

Thanks!

Gonzmexican,

It's not too hard to install fog lights on a Ford Edge. Do your homework by consulting fog light diagrams (such as this Edge fog light diagram) and DIY procedures. I have not installed fog lights on my Edge as of yet but I've had experience installing them on other vehicles. Here's a rudimentary guide that I found applicable to a few different models:

1. Park the vehicle on a level surface away from traffic and set the parking brake. Slide underneath the front of the car so you can reach the back of the bumper. Mount the fog lamp housings to the underside of the bumper, in the lower air dam. There likely will be a mounting hole for the fog lamps already in the bumper. All you will have to do is attach them.

2. Feed the fog lamp wiring back and up through the engine compartment along the driver's side fender so that it is out of the way of heat and moving parts. Run the red power line to the positive battery terminal, and the black ground wire to the negative terminal or to a nearby frame grounding point.

3. Feed the fog lamp switch through the firewall. The best place for this is likely at the steering linkage -- the access hole will be biggest there with a rubber boot to keep out moisture.

4. Insert the control switch into the stock mounting position on the dashboard. The OEM fog lamp kit will include instructions in how to correctly mount the switch with stock mounting hardware. This hardware varies from vehicle to vehicle, with no two being alike. Attach the wires to the switch following manufacturer's directions.

5. Test the fog lamps, then park the car approximately ten feet from a garage door or wall and adjust the lights so that they are even and project a beam approximately one to two feet up on the surface.

I'm not entirely sure if this walk-through will apply to the Edge but it's worth a shot. Good luck sir! :rockon: