Transmission seems to be 'hitting' harder

Doc

I have a 2007 AWD that has developed some shifting issues in the last 8 weeks and I am hoping to get some feedback so I can find the best solution. It used to shift smoothly from park into any gear with no 'bump' as it engaged, but now there is about a half second delay before it engages and when it does, instead of being smooth it bumps gently into gear. The jolt is not enough to move the car, but it's it is noticeable. When it started happening I checked the transmission fluid level and it was low so I added enough to bring it back to normal levels and I started checking for leaks under it in the morning but haven't found anything yet.

We bought the car with 49,000 miles on it some I am not sure of it's previous service history but we have done all the oil changes and filter cleans. At 80,000 miles I had the service department at our local dealership check the coolant and transmission fluid and they said both were fine and did not need to be changed. Right now it has just over 95,000 miles. I am trying to find out the best way to deal with this and take care of our car without it becoming an expensive repair so if anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day and thank you

Edited by Doc