New 2012 2.0 EcoBoost Turbo

Thumper07

Very fun to drive, I think you will be very pleased.

My wife also test drove it and thought it drove much better than the V6, she thought it felt much more like driving her car (a BMW 335i with manual transmission) ; so that is a compliment I think.

The dealer raves about driving it as well, sure he was selling it but knew I was buying an Edge anyway so had no vested interest in trying to sell me the Ecoboost which are harder for him to get.

In my area, every large dealer seems to have 1, but inventory is very limited and from what I have seen they are all either base models or limited with all options models, nothing in between in stock so ordering probably makes sense.

I only test drove a base model (no options other than the Boost engine)

It did bug me that there is no manual drive option on the transmission. There is a Low gear but otherwise Drive only.

Please report your observed mileage, car revs much higher so if you drive it somewhat hard I wonder if MPG will be about the same as the V6.

• 1 year later...

I am waiting for a tuner to come out so I can really get some juice from the motor. I have 26k miles on it now and it is feeling more and more responsive. I had an H&R racing spring kit installed. That lowered the car about 2 inches and leveled it out and now it handles like a Corvette :)

If anyone hears any news about a tuner, please share.

Tom