Trailer Wiring for 2010 Edge

Hi All,

I have a 2010 Edge that I purchased new without a towing package. I just installed a Curt trailer hitch, and now I'm researching the best options to add a trailer wiring harness to my vehicle. Does Ford install trailer wiring in cars that do not get equipped with a towing package? I noticed that there is a connector under the rear bumper right in the middle that might be a likely candidate? I've read that it's possible to 'activate' the factory trailer wiring by installing (expensive) relays under the hood, and installing a pigtail at the hitch. Even if it's the more expensive route, I would prefer this option!

If no factory trailer wiring is installed in my Edge, what is the next best option? I've seen the interface box style that mounts behind the left rear tail light, but I don't like the idea of storing the cable in the cargo area, and running it out under the hatch when in use. I much prefer to have a connector mounted right next to the hitch. What are my options?

Thanks,

John

Edited by ezflyr