New Guy With MKX

Lincwitsync

I just want to say Hello to the ford edge forum. I've browsed this site for a couple weeks to check the culture here. From what i've read, I really I like it so far. :rockon: . Much more welcoming than other forums. I am now an owner of a 2008 MKX (about a month). It isn't perfect, but in a defensive way I have to admit that I love it. The interior has really cool amenities and warmth. I was once the "GM Brand" man and would have never considered another brand. Now I will say I'm the "American Car Brand" man (lol). I looked at the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland (love the design), but that was a little more (a lot more) than I wanted to spend. GM makes nothing to my liking anymore other than the SRX (not great owner reviews) and CTS (too small inside). I figured it was time to break the GM mold. I realized that the MKX/Edge offered the same or more for about the same used dollars. I inqured and came out a believer. I think it was a smart move for me and my needs and all of my wants.

As a young and mature man coming from a new-age GTO, I have discovered the old adage: one trick ponies(GTO/Corvette/Camaro/Mustangs/Challenger/Charger....) get old fast.

Anyhow, It is nice to see other members who present a genuine brother/sisterly bond through the automobile. Thanks for such a cool site.

LincwitSync

Welcome. We looked at the Cherokee too but the wife found the seats too firm. She loved the design and the two tone interior they offered but just couldn't get comfortable. We didn't even get to the pricing part. We also looked at the MKX and I was pushing her in that direction for a bit, mainly because I liked the cooled seats. But in the end she found an Edge she wanted and that is what we got. This is our first American car (since we were in HS) and so far are pretty pleased with the vehicle. I guess my biggest disappointment is with interior materials (some) and fit and finish. But it isn't bad, just not up to where I would have thought a $35k+ would be.

But enjoy the ride, really that is what it is all about.