Series 100 Remote Start Price?

Has anybody had their local Ford dealer install the Series 100 Plug and Play Remote Start on there 2011-2012 Edge?

After looking at j3st3r's DIY guide, it doesn't look too bad...However I just received my quote:

~$373 for Full Install including hood switch

or

$30 for them to program with the IDS

Looking online I can buy the 100 kit for ~$180 + $20 for the hood switch, so that puts my total around $230 counting the program.

Savings: ~$143.

Not sure what my time is worth/How long it would actually take me to remove all of the panels...

Anyone else have insight?

ALSO: Does the 100 series remote start have the indicator light/or wire to run to the front dash like in j3st3r's DIY tutorial? Or is everything behind the Driver side cargo panel?

The pricing you list for the 100 is pretty standard and no there will not be any wiring for that kit going up to the front of the car. The DIY thread was on the 200 series which is the bidirectional remote start and integrate alarm system. You can also buy just the bidirectional remote start for around 225 plus hood switch. Depending on your needs each has its advantages. The 100 is pretty slick since you'll get two new keys with integrated start button but range is only 300 feet. The bidirectional comes with one keyfob but has feedback so you know the vehicle started and increases the range to 1000 feet. But neither will require wiring to the front of the vehicle, that is for alarm system only. If I could get the dealer to initialize min for 30 bucks I would be doing it myself, but the cheapest I have found so far is 100 bucks. I am still waiting to hear the quote for the complete install.

Okay, Thanks for the clarifications! It does seem pretty simple if all that is required for either the 100 or 200 is the stuff behind the cargo side panel.. I'm thinking of buying myself, just haven't decided which one to go with yet...

Has anyone bought a kit from partscheap or recommend somewhere else?

I see prices for 100 series: $182.40

Bi Directional: $226.80

• 3 weeks later...

I am trying to piece together the 100 series remote start kit without buying the keys as I already have the ones with the remote start button. Can you tell me if the antenna and antenna harness have separate part numbers?

I bought the hood switch (14018 or motorcraft sw6169) for $19, but I am trying to track down the other two pieces to make it all work. On the ford parts site, it lists the harness basic part # as 14a614 ($18.50) and the antenna # as 15k602 for $24.37. It looks like your diy for the 200 series kit includes the same harness and antenna that is included in the 100 series kit. Did your kit come with a parts list that shows the whole part number for each component? I figured if I buy each piece individually, I will still only pay about $65 including the hood switch.