First Real Winter Test

Scorpio

How did you find the Edge handled? I had limited exposure about a month back when we got a foot and a half. Seems the system is going to take some getting used to for me. I could feel the tranny shifting power front to rear, the Audi and Subie we had never gave you that sensation, though I don't think we would get stuck in the Edge it may make me drive a little different. Just wondering what others have noticed.

Didn't notice anything other than for real slogging through the heavy stuff (roads weren't plowed) on one steep uphill section, it was best to turn off traction control, as it used to kill power too much and allow the vechicle to bog. With that off, and the ability to keep power to the wheels when they'd start to slip, it was a piece of cake. We have an Acura RDX that behaves very similarly in the same conditions, have to disable the VCS (Acura's term for traction control) in deep snow. But then the owner's manual for that rig recommends doing just that in those conditions. This is for low speed, heavy going of course. Other than that and back on roads less challenging, it was like driving any other time pretty well, other than a dose of caution for braking zones and turns.

We both work in jobs that are emergency response related, and so we have to be on the roads to get to our work sites when everyone else can stay home - after today, don't see having any problems with the Edge (as the RDX has done) getting us there and back as long as there's at least a semblance of a road to be had.

P.S. We broke a one day record for snowfall that had stood for 30 years today; businesses closed, tractor-trailors jackknifed/cars in ditches, roads closed - that kinda day...cold.gif

Edited by Scorpio