Headlamp cap replacement?

I am going to install my RetroSolutions HID kit in the next few weeks, but would like to have replacement headlight caps for the future. I'm going to drill the originals with a 1" hole to allow for grommet placement. My 2012 SPORT is a lease, and I'm sure I'll have to take the HIDs out prior to return...anyone know the part number and/or a recommended place to purchase?

I am going to install my RetroSolutions HID kit in the next few weeks, but would like to have replacement headlight caps for the future. I'm going to drill the originals with a 1" hole to allow for grommet placement. My 2012 SPORT is a lease, and I'm sure I'll have to take the HIDs out prior to return...anyone know the part number and/or a recommended place to purchase?

Hi nitrocs. :D My advice: for a small and relatively inexpensive part such as this, just go to your local Ford/Lincoln Dealership and tell them what you need. They will look up the part number, tell you if it is available as a standalone piece, how much it is, and order it if they don't have it in stock. And keep in mind that purchasing parts is no different than purchasing a car. Prices are not written in stone, so always ask for a better deal.

Good luck. :beerchug:

I tried to order the rear cap a few months back so I'd have it in case I ever wanted to swap out my HID kit and while the part is easy to find in the online catalogs (it's PN 13N168) at the time I tried to order it,it had a price of $0 listed. The dealership couldn't seem to find a way to get around that and I gave up chasing it down after a while.

I just checked and now the part is listed online with a price of $200.43. (WTF?)

I guess I should have pushed them harder when they were free. laugh.gif

thanks for the p# !

coming from my previous truck (2004 Nissan Murano) I was used to going into the dealership armed with part numbers as the service/parts manuals were easily acquired. This Ford seems to be a bit different in that department....I'd rather not spend a couple hundred dollars for a manual that cost me twenty from a previous OEM! Thanks again all!!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to order the rear cap a few months back so I'd have it in case I ever wanted to swap out my HID kit and while the part is easy to find in the online catalogs (it's PN 13N168) at the time I tried to order it,it had a price of $0 listed. The dealership couldn't seem to find a way to get around that and I gave up chasing it down after a while.

I just checked and now the part is listed online with a price of $200.43. (WTF?)

I guess I should have pushed them harder when they were free. laugh.gif

I am not seeing this part anywhere can you let me know where you can get this I need two!