2010 Edge Autostart

I need some documentation for installation of the factory Ford auto start on my 2010 Edge Limited. Before anyone asks, yes I have searched this forum extensively and searched Google for a few days but I still cannot find the answers I'm looking for. I see a lot of links on the auto start topic that refer to a ford accessory store but all the links I have tried are dead.

I have a Ford 7L3Z-19G364-AA Remote Start Keyless Entry Security Kit. Purchased new from eBay. No instructions included as this part is used on several different Ford vehicles. Of course I have tried the seller I purchased from but no luck yet.

I have installed at least 8 remote start units on several different vehicles over the past few years so this is not new to me. I hoped the Ford product would be a little easier to install since this was an option when buying new but as my luck would have it, it's not. It isn't any easier than any aftermarket unit.

Does anyone have the resources for the Installation Manual and Specific Wiring Diagrams for the 2010 Edge model?

I have already installed the unit based on partial documentation (some from this forum). The security side works fine and I can navigate all the programming features.

If I can't find the documentation, here is what I need help with:

1.) I need to figure out how to program the remote button "1" to open/close the rear door. The extended function harness has a Memory 1 & 2 output. When connected to either one of these the door will open/close on disarm and the buttons labeled 1 & 2 on the remote seem to do nothing. I don't see anything in the programming menu that references these buttons.

2.) My documentation shows the "Car Start Harness" connecting to the wiring on the ignition switch. All the colors match. The problem is the wires from the harness are a heavy gauge wire designed to carry a large current and the wires on the ignition switch are very small "signal carrying" wires. So do these starter harness wires connect somewhere else?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry for the long post!

Thanks for the response but I had already found this document on this forum.

There isn't enough information in this document to do a complete install. It keeps referring to the "I-Sheets" for specifics. Unless I'm overlooking something there are no "I-Sheets" in this document.

No polarity jumper settings info.

It doesn't have anything about where to find specific wires either IE: Tach input wire, where can I find this wire and what color is it?

And still no reference to the number 1 & 2 buttons on the remote.

Thanks Anyway

• 3 weeks later...