Do I have to hear "Please say a command" every time?

Hi

This is my first post so far so good with my new Edge. Is there a way to shut off the "please say a command" phrase when I push the voice command button. i could do with just the bong and go from there.

Thanks Andy

I just changed mine to "expert" mode. All I hear is the bong

Search the menus cuz I can't remember where it's at.

Is that all it changes or does it allow you to group commands too? For instance, rather than saying "usb" then say "play artist XXX" can you just say "usb play artist xxx"? I have seeen that inthe menus but never knew what it really changed and since our voice recognition only works about half the time sometimes it is helpful to get the suggestions so you know what it is expecting you do say.

I'll have to try expert but find that it often does its own thing regardless. For the most part I can get nav and audio stuff to work eventually but find the phone to be useless. It never seems to get the right name and oddly enough it just dials the worng number. What is extra perplexing to me is almost all my contacts have more than one number so I would have thought it would confirm which one first.