Update on 2012 SE Lease Pricing/Payments

OK you maybe saw another thread I posted asking for help on the deal especially because I was buying this for my wife who has no patience for car shopping(the deal was done before she'd even driven the car), but still I needed to make her happy: smaller yet spacious family ride with good safety, Sirius and a $200/mo payment trying to keep out of pocket expense around $2k. Not easy in Wine Country.

WELL.......I think I got hooked up pretty good and maybe other people can find similar numbers if the used market stays strong.

The sticker MSRP for my area, NorthBay (SF Area) was $29,755 on an SE including Convenience 101A, SIrius, Roof rails, Sync voice activated and destination fee. The interesting thing is this was a roll back with 91 miles with custom work done- a previous customer paid for leather interior to be added then got denied on financing...........so this is an SE with leather bringing their asking price to $29,832.80, adding WearCare lease protection tacked on $595.00 (This always makes me feel like a sucker but come in handy a few years ago on an Accord turn in).

They then dropped that down $3k between Ford's little Edge incentive and a special the dealer was running that day, plus took our white CRV off our hands and gave us another $2k in trade. (Another lease with 3 months remaining.......pay $795 more in payments or turn into $2k down payment, hmmmm).

We then made $2,350 cash payment and have 26 more lease payments of $202.35/mo with tax, $186.50 w/o. Wife is pleased as can be with the car, especially the lovely interior upgrade:

edgeint.jpg

My daughter is also enjoying the new car smell while Momma works on learning the Sync commands:

kdrive.jpg

This all went down by the way at Henry Curtis Ford in Petaluma, and they gave I think a fair deal with smooth process and even gave me 48 hours to back out of the deal for any reason; I have never had that kind of service from a dealer before. The wife still hasn't let me drive yet, so I think she's enjoying the car and I already find it more comfortable, and better use of interior space for seating and cargo. Too bad it's a lease or I'd start de-badging and looking for other goodies, but maybe in a couple years..........

Peace

Edited by JayInNorCal

• 4 weeks later...