Re-boot for my touch?

I have a 11 edge limited with the my touch and every once in a while it will lock up? So far the only way I can restart the system is to turn off the car and open the door. Is there another way? Seems to happen when Im connecting my iPhone 4s?

Thanks

You can pull fuse 29,

or disconnect the negative battery cable,

or use the delayed reboot option,

or wait for the "performance upgrade"

Best and easy method, follow Wilson's link to delayed boot. Saved me aggravation a couple of times. Lately my car rebooted on it's own.

However, once you've rebooted the system take the USB drive to a PC, delete it's contents then unzip the zip file. Next, place the USB in your car's center console for the next time. When you do a reboot with the USB drive one of the script files on the drive's renamed by the delayed reboot process. If you forget to reloaded a fresh zip file you can't run the reboot again. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the single file you could just delete. I think it's the file changed from a .lst to .old or something similar. The USB's outside awaiting it's next reboot.

Best and easy method, follow Wilson's link to delayed boot. Saved me aggravation a couple of times. Lately my car rebooted on it's own.

However, once you've rebooted the system take the USB drive to a PC, delete it's contents then unzip the zip file. Next, place the USB in your car's center console for the next time. When you do a reboot with the USB drive one of the script files on the drive's renamed by the delayed reboot process. If you forget to reloaded a fresh zip file you can't run the reboot again. Sorry, I don't remember the name of the single file you could just delete. I think it's the file changed from a .lst to .old or something similar. The USB's outside awaiting it's next reboot.

I fixed this problem. If you download the lastest zip file from my post again, it will include the version that does not require you to reload it.

I keep my USB drive in my car and use it over and over w/o reloading it.

I fixed this problem. If you download the lastest zip file from my post again, it will include the version that does not require you to reload it.

I keep my USB drive in my car and use it over and over w/o reloading it.

Great, I'll copy the new version to my USB this week. Thanks, Wilson

Edited by rwolson

I am hoping to get one from Ford that forces the reboot while driving but my contact there claims to have never heard of it. If I don't hear back tomorrow though this will be in the car....already have it downloaded and on the flashdrive.

The solution I developed is based the XM/Sirius radio update that used a "Delayed Reboot"

It's not a supported app, It's a user based hack to fix the f'd up MFT.

Cum on Ford! release the "performance upgrade"

Yeah it was 5 degrees this morning...I can't keep taking the risk that she is going to have heat for her and my little man ever time they go out. I was just hoping that Ford would come through with a reboot app for me that wouldn't require a power cycle. Most of the roads by us have no shoulders so there is no place to safely pull over and if she is out of our area she'll be on Rt 80 or 287 and even though there is a shoulder people are idiots and I don't want her sitting on the shoulder with people going by at 80-90mph.

• 2 weeks later...

This is insane!! Why should anyone have to be screwing with MFT and thumb drives!! These are expensive cars that should not need serious baby sitting by an IT department!! C'mon ford!! I bought this car with much higher expectations and looked away from the imports to help support the good ol USA. Geeze

This is insane!! Why should anyone have to be screwing with MFT and thumb drives!! These are expensive cars that should not need serious baby sitting by an IT department!! C'mon ford!! I bought this car with much higher expectations and looked away from the imports to help support the good ol USA. Geeze

I believe your supporting cheap Chineese parts there Superdave...!!!