installing tow hitch on 11 edge??

st222

has any1 installed there own hitch and wiring on there 11 or newer edge? I just called the dealer to price 1 and they said 250 for hitch and 103 for wiring. They said installing the hitch looked pretty easy, 4 bolts but they werent sure on wiring. So i was just curious if any of u already went thru this and did it yourself.....thanks scott

I did a hitch...well two, but didn't do the wiring. I think the OEM is only 1 1/4" and being that your interests are motocross I assume you'll be towing a trailer so you'll want a 2". If you go aftermarket do yourself a favor and take a look at your exhaust first. The first one I bought ended up contacting the exhaust cans on occasion and drove us nuts. But I did see some said they had yet a different version of exhaust so you may be OK. If you are one of the lucky ones I still have my original hitch I'd sell cheap. We liked it better than the one we have now since all you saw was the reciever...too bad it hit our cans.

I had the factory towing package installed on my 2011. All the specs said it would be a Class II (1 1/4") receiver, but it turned out to be a Class III (2") receiver that was installed.

I just checked the Ford website, and they are still saying it's a Class II they install. Hey - I'm not complaining.

• 1 month later...

I installed a DrawTite Class III hitch on my 2011 Limited. Easy install and looks good. I bought it and the T- Connector wiring harness from etrailers.com. The wiring was not too bad. I only have the 4-pin connector for now, but will soon upgrade to a 7-pin. Just a little more wiring. So far one 12g wire run from the battery thru a fuse to the rear controller box supplied with the harness. Interior panels come off easy to run thru the rocker panel.