08 ford edge trouble starting

RandyMccall

i have a 2008 ford edge with 100,000 miles on it its been in the shop 3 times for transmission problems and now im having trouble with it starting cranks just fine in the am but in the afternoons some days it wont start. i turn the key and nothing not even the starter kicking on. the battery is new the wires are tight. it doesnt do this every day justsome days went a whole week without problems then last night it wouldnt crank then after 20 mins or so it starts. on the dash the engine light oil light and the battery light stay on and the problem it says is check braking system and the breaks get really stiff when it does it but what do the breaks have to do with the car starting ? after it starts there is no problem with the breaks. has any one else had this problem ?

i have a 2008 ford edge with 100,000 miles on it its been in the shop 3 times for transmission problems and now im having trouble with it starting cranks just fine in the am but in the afternoons some days it wont start. i turn the key and nothing not even the starter kicking on. the battery is new the wires are tight. it doesnt do this every day justsome days went a whole week without problems then last night it wouldnt crank then after 20 mins or so it starts. on the dash the engine light oil light and the battery light stay on and the problem it says is check braking system and the breaks get really stiff when it does it but what do the breaks have to do with the car starting ? after it starts there is no problem with the breaks. has any one else had this problem ?

Seems like the same problems being experienced by folks in this other thread. Might want to check over there.