Aftermarket Subwoofer

I just got my 09 Edge Limited and I keep hearing a noise "pitch" coming from the sub at the back, this happens from the time i put the key in the ignition and turn it to accessory so the radio comes on and also when driving. The noise comes through with the Radio ON or OFF. Anyone else seen this? Ideas? Bad Amp? torn cables?

I just got my 09 Edge Limited and I keep hearing a noise "pitch" coming from the sub at the back, this happens from the time i put the key in the ignition and turn it to accessory so the radio comes on and also when driving. The noise comes through with the Radio ON or OFF. Anyone else seen this? Ideas? Bad Amp? torn cables?

It could very well be a bad amp or just loose wires. When I got my first sub amp it was bad and sending it in for a replacement was the only thing that solved the high pitched squeal. My dad and the Ford dealer mechanic couldn't hear the sound since they're older and have lost that part of their hearing so they both kept telling me I was crazy! Old guys... sigh...

• 3 weeks later...

It could very well be a bad amp or just loose wires. When I got my first sub amp it was bad and sending it in for a replacement was the only thing that solved the high pitched squeal. My dad and the Ford dealer mechanic couldn't hear the sound since they're older and have lost that part of their hearing so they both kept telling me I was crazy! Old guys... sigh...

I just got my Edge back from dealer after 3 times (2 full days). They diagnosed it and said its the deck (radio). Along the way they dented/broke the face of the radio/vent so they had to replace that too.

So now that I have my new radio (so they said) i still hear the same annoying electrical/audio noise.

I really got sick of this dealer crap and took apart the back of the edge. There really isn't much to play with.... :(

tomorrow i will try to run a new power and ground cable from battery to see if anything changes.

Does anyone have a schematic for the 5 cables plugging into the amp?

I figure the 3 are prob +12, ground, and accessory and the other 2 are audio inputs.... just have to test which one is which.

If that plan fails, maybe i'll get another amp and test...hmmm

• 3 years later...

Hey Lee, it wont let me private message you with out 5 posts so I'm going to bring this back to life and hope you are still on this forum. I have the nav and garbage amp and 8" sub in the back, I have a 10" sub and 400rms amp running 2ohm back there now, no matter if i source the amp from the rear door speaker wires or from the factory amp source it is not getting very loud, the door speakers are more audible... did you run into this when you were trying to figure things out? -Disregard- I redid my ground and all is well :)

Edited by Staylo

• 4 months later...