IN-DEPTH PHOTO UPDATE ON HEADREST REMOVAL/18 MAY

SALEENS7

OK ALL U "EDGE HEADS"....I SPENT 2 HRS TODAY REMOVING ALL MY HEADRESTS IN MY EDGE, AND THEN PHOTO DOCUMENTED THE REMOVAL OF ONE OF THEM. THIS IS AN EASIER (than my post 2 weeks ago on the same subject), CLEARER AND MINUTE BY MINUTE PHOTO "TRACK" OF REMOVING THAT ANNOYING LOCK THAT HOLDS THE HEADREST IN. JUST GET 1 SMALL ALAN WRENCH AND USE THE SHORT END TO MAKE THIS ALL WORK FOR U. EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. THIS WORKS ON ALL 4 HEADRESTS, FRONT AND BACK. INSERT SHORT END OF ALAN WRENCH INTO THE SMALL HOLE ON THE PLASTIC PIECE, AND PRY BACK EASILY, IT WILL POP RIGHT OUT AND THEN THE HEADRESTS WILL SLIDE OUT. REINSTALL IN REVERSE ORDER. THE PLASTIC LOCK WILL "CLICK" WHEN U HAVE INSERTED IT IN FULLY AND CORRECTLY.

Edited by SALEENS7
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

:redcard: This method "works" but you can mess up the plastic that way. All you really need to do is take the long end of the allen wrench and insert it into the hole and push in while you lift up on the head rest. There's a metal spring clip that prevents the slotted shaft on the head rest from coming all the way out. The hole allows you to push in the spring clip. You do not need to remove the plastic clip using this method.

Ā 

HTH.

Ā 

Paul

:redcard: This method "works" but you can mess up the plastic that way. All you really need to do is take the long end of the allen wrench and insert it into the hole and push in while you lift up on the head rest. There's a metal spring clip that prevents the slotted shaft on the head rest from coming all the way out. The hole allows you to push in the spring clip. You do not need to remove the plastic clip using this method.

Ā 

HTH.

Ā 

Paul

YES, this is EXACTLY how I just turned my drivers headrest around!! I was going to post just that but Paul beat me to it. I used a 2mm short Allen wrench. Doug
  • Like 1

Don't intend to sound silly, but why do you want to remove the headrests ?

Ā 

Ā 

some people are wanting to flip them around backwards because they're saying the headrests are unbearably comfortable and can't be adjusted. this is because they're 1) designed to achieve 5-star safety 2) looks 3) comfort

Ā 

I say if I can't get used to it, I'll adjust my seat until it's bearable. but I probably have less problems than most. I'm a little taller and my head just barely bumps it, maybe because I naturally lean forward just a tiny bit while I'm driving

• 6 months later...
OK ALL U "EDGE HEADS"....I SPENT 2 HRS TODAY REMOVING ALL MY HEADRESTS IN MY EDGE, AND THEN PHOTO DOCUMENTED THE REMOVAL OF ONE OF THEM. THIS IS AN EASIER (than my post 2 weeks ago on the same subject), CLEARER AND MINUTE BY MINUTE PHOTO "TRACK" OF REMOVING THAT ANNOYING LOCK THAT HOLDS THE HEADREST IN. JUST GET 1 SMALL ALAN WRENCH AND USE THE SHORT END TO MAKE THIS ALL WORK FOR U. EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS. THIS WORKS ON ALL 4 HEADRESTS, FRONT AND BACK. INSERT SHORT END OF ALAN WRENCH INTO THE SMALL HOLE ON THE PLASTIC PIECE, AND PRY BACK EASILY, IT WILL POP RIGHT OUT AND THEN THE HEADRESTS WILL SLIDE OUT. REINSTALL IN REVERSE ORDER. THE PLASTIC LOCK WILL "CLICK" WHEN U HAVE INSERTED IT IN FULLY AND CORRECTLY.

though an old post, it works. tq

• 6 months later...
Don't intend to sound silly, but why do you want to remove the headrests ?

Ā 

In many cases, child safety seats do rest rest properly on the Edge seat because the headrest is in the way on the top. By removing the headrest, the child safety car seat will properly fit in place providing optimum safety for your child.

• 1 year later...

Ā 

Can you repost these photos, they don't appear on my end, maybe it's the browser I'm using: Google Chrome???

• 3 years later...