Custom Search

Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the Ford Edge Forum - the largest Ford Edge forum discussion board on the web. You must register to create new topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Benefits of membership:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create a photo album and post images. . .and more!
Click here to signup now

Guest Message by DevFuse

The Ford Edge ST Has Been Unveiled.  More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Outside air temp sensor not working

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mirage52

Mirage52

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 128 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Edge's Year:2013

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

@Mirage52...In the mean time disconnect the battery (negative) terminal for a few minutes to see if that clears the issue.  Did I read that right...you have a 13 with 5000 miles on it?

I can't figure out how to change my account settings to update my current Edge. It's a 2017 with under 5K miles.

I'll give disconnecting the negative cable a try...but I am thinking with all the salt and grime on the roads this past week that the sensor or cable connection might be gunked up. We'll see if the rain we're supposed to get the next few days fixes the issue. I may also take it through a car wash.

Edited by Mirage52, 10 January 2018 - 04:31 PM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,299 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

Click on your name in the upper right.

#23 OFFLINE   Mirage52

Mirage52

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:47 AM

Click on your name in the upper right.

I have changed it but it won't save.

Anyway, the check engine light came on this morning and now the gauge seems to be stuck on 50 degrees.

I'll try disconnecting and reconnecting the negative cable on the battery tonight but my guess is that the sensor is shot or something is bad with the connection.

Edited by Mirage52, 11 January 2018 - 09:17 AM.

#24 OFFLINE   Mirage52

Mirage52

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:10 PM

Had the local Autozone pull the code. Outside air temp sensor. Service at a more convenient dealer on Monday.

It was funny. Went in and asked the guy if he could pull a code. He asked what year was the car. I said 2017. He was like, already? After he was like, "boy I sure would be upset if my 2017 Ford Edge Titanium was throwing codes all ready." I was like, "me too."

Edited by Mirage52, 11 January 2018 - 04:12 PM.

• WWWPerfA_ZN0W and MaX83_ZA like this

#25 OFFLINE   Mirage52

Mirage52

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:48 AM

Had it in at the dealer, they replaced the sensor, told me that there were no more codes, check engine light was out...so what happens when I get back into the car? See that the sensor is still reading 80 degrees when it's really 28. I tell the guy at the dealer and he just sighs. Looks like this will be a lingering issue...taking it back to the dealer once they get a loaner.

#26 OFFLINE   akirby

akirby

Ford Edge Legal Resident

• 10,299 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:20 AM

Did it clear up after driving for a few minutes? Remember it doesn’t change the outside temp immediately.

#27 OFFLINE   Mirage52

Mirage52

New Edge Member

• Edge Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 10:36 AM

Did it clear up after driving for a few minutes? Remember it doesn’t change the outside temp immediately.

No. I drove it home from dealer last night, it lowered to about 58 degrees. This morning it read 68 and lowered to about 60. Still 30-40 degrees off.

#28 OFFLINE   enigma-2

enigma-2

Ford Edge Fanatic

• Edge Member
  • 2,622 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Edge's Year:2009

Posted 17 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

Wonder if the technician checked the connector running to the sensor. Often there's hidden corrosion in the connectors that's hiding the real problem.

We had a hanger queen CH-46 (helo) in Nam, that had been down for over two weeks. We checked everything, every inch of wire in every harness. Changed several modules. Finally called in the Boeing rep and he went right to the connector on the generator. Corroded. (We had this connector off to couple test equipment to the generator, but no one ever thought to look inside the wiring connector).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users