Outside air temp sensor not working

Jonathan Lynch

Wonder if the technician checked the connector running to the sensor. Often there's hidden corrosion in the connectors that's hiding the real problem.

We had a hanger queen CH-46 (helo) in Nam, that had been down for over two weeks. We checked everything, every inch of wire in every harness. Changed several modules. Finally called in the Boeing rep and he went right to the connector on the generator. Corroded. (We had this connector off to couple test equipment to the generator, but no one ever thought to look inside the wiring connector).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

So an update on this thread. Here it is 2020 and I still have the same problems with the friggin air temperature sensor. Vehicle is now out of warranty so I called Ford and told them I've had this issue since I bought the car and they haven't been much help but they did give me discounted pricing for the labor and covered a portion of the cost. But 3 times I've had the car in for service to fix this issue and still nothing. Literally the next day after i get car back it still does same thing. 90 degrees out? AC shuts off and I feel the air change and look and sure enough, thermometer is reading like 28 degrees. If you are driving in city traffic, forget about it. It'll take 15 mins to update, if that. 

Just called Ford again, I'm pissed. I want this car in the shop and don't want it back until it's fixed. I want a loaner. This is the definition of insanity...doing the same thing over and over again only to get the same exact results!