Shock and Struts: help needed with parts choice

Hello everyone!

Since last year I am a proud owner of a '07 SEL Edge, that I purchased with 150k miles. So far so good at nearly 180k.

However, I am looking to improve the ride quality and not being a car person (never had a chance to get my hands dirty on them with a dad haha) I am a total newbie to this. Hence, I need a recommendation of you follow Edge owners and friends.

My intention: replace front struts and rear shocks. Local Firestone has quoted me $655 for parts alone and $1,072 for the job... Well, I might have little car knowledge but looking at rock auto parts prices I am a little shocked.

Looks like KYB is what I am leaning toward after researching it a little online over Monroe and Sachs (since Sachs doesnt have front option, only rear and I'd prefer to stay within one company line of products). My question is: what do I need to order and with what quantity? I think I'll hire an independent mechanic to replace it for me.

KYB 334644 GR-2 / Excel-G Front Right

KYB 334645 GR-2 / Excel-G Front Left

KYB 349068 GR-2 / Excel-G Rear (x2)

Would above parts be enough? Do I need to order any of the following: KYB SM5755 Mount Components, Seal driver, bushing, nut tool, damper? As you can tell, I know very little but I hope the online community will help me make a good decison on the purchase.

Thank you!!

Victor

If you can get OEM Motorcraft struts, definitely go that way. Otherwise, KYBs or Monroes will be OK. Also, definitely replace the upper mounts you listed as SM5755. At the mileage you have, while you are in there doing the front struts, I'd do the lower control arms (Moog 24000-05268242), which will come with new bushings and ball joints. I'd also replace the sway bar end links (Moog 29007-05459404) - it's easy and cheap.

If you can get OEM Motorcraft struts, definitely go that way. Otherwise, KYBs or Monroes will be OK. Also, definitely replace the upper mounts you listed as SM5755. At the mileage you have, while you are in there doing the front struts, I'd do the lower control arms (Moog 24000-05268242), which will come with new bushings and ball joints. I'd also replace the sway bar end links (Moog 29007-05459404) - it's easy and cheap.

So: will this items in the cart do ??

fvlmpu.png