New Edge Sport owner

gwharton

Just bought a silver 2013 Edge Sport, thought I'd introduce myself.

I love this car. My wife and I had been looking for a mid-size SUV for a year, looked at and drove virtually everything on the market - Hyundais, Kias, Chevys, Audis, ... EVERYTHING. The Edge was a clear standout from early in the process. A lot of value for the price point. And you don't have to sell any of your children to afford the mechanic's bills either (looking at you, BMW).

We looked at Edges from 2011 to 2017. Wear and quality was all over the place. Some of these cars have lived hard lives as rentals or corporate scoots. High miles, lots of scuffs and scratches.

We came across this 2013 as a recent trade-in at a dealership. Low miles, low wear, looks and feels brand new. Drives very well.

I'm a car guy and like performance. I think the Edge Sport strikes a very good balance on performance, function, and everyday driveability. And does it well. Ford seems to think this car is positioned as a cheaper alternative to an Audi Q5. I think they've achieved that remarkably well.

I prefer the exterior look of the 2013 to the 2015 and newer models. Cleaner. Less fussy with fewer "running shoe" design details. I do wish this car had the newer Sync 3 head unit in it though. I see that the aftermarket upgrade kits are $2,000. Ouch! So much for not hocking the kids!

Anybody done one of those conversions? Is the kit worth it? Are there reasonable options?

I'm also wondering what would be involved in putting a supercharger on this thing. 305hp is fun. 380 would be A LOT MORE FUN (with plenty of suspension and brake upgrades, of course).

Anyway.... HELLO.

Welcome to the community, and congrats on the Sport! Better off running a performance tune than trying to turn it into a forced induction engine. With the open deck configuration, that is asking for trouble. Also, the cost would be upwards of 8,000 USD. Then putting that power to the ground .. i am thinking NO lol. Talk to the guys at supersixmotorsports.com and see.

• 2 weeks later...