Light Sage Green

pinemeadows

Okay...I am really nervous! Our new Edge is supposed to be brought in today from another dealership. I may have really goofed. Hubby wanted red, but I wanted the light sage green. Well, I based that decision on the color in the brochure at the dealership.

I have since seen a few pictures of what they call light sage green, and it is pretty much the color of concrete.

Yikes! Is there any kind of sage green tint to this at all? I know color on the internet is never quite right, but I would think there should be more of a green tint showing up....which I don't see.

Hope someone can put my mind at ease.

BJ

Hmmmmmm, well. It does in fact look very similar to concrete that may have a bit of green lichen (moss) that had grown in it. But, that being said, I think it is a lovely color despite the iffy description. If you wanted herb sage this is not going to knock your socks off. If you wanted kinda a medium grey/aluminum color with a under lieing tint of sage green then you will love it. I think it will also hide the dust fairly well.

I have the Redfire Metallic (now pushing 1700 miles) and love it but it is unforgivable with the dust. I can't imagine what it will be like when the pollen start flying.

Be sure to let us know what you think when you see it in person......we promise not to tell hubby. :yup:

Okay...I am really nervous! Our new Edge is supposed to be brought in today from another dealership. I may have really goofed. Hubby wanted red, but I wanted the light sage green. Well, I based that decision on the color in the brochure at the dealership.

I have since seen a few pictures of what they call light sage green, and it is pretty much the color of concrete.

Yikes! Is there any kind of sage green tint to this at all? I know color on the internet is never quite right, but I would think there should be more of a green tint showing up....which I don't see.

BJ

I think it is a sharp colour.

I'd say silver metalic with a hint of green tint.

It is a very classy colour and not tiring. I would also think it would be easy to care for.

I think it is a sharp colour.

I'd say silver metalic with a hint of green tint.

It is a very classy colour and not tiring. I would also think it would be easy to care for.

Oh boy, this is so not what I wanted!!!! As positive as you both have been, I can tell it's not even going to be close to what's in the brochure.

Dang...to think I had my pick of colors. Woulda, shoulda, coulda......

But of course I will have to "love it" since hubby will remind me from time to time that he wanted red..... :wacko:

Hi, don't get pewter mixed with sage. They can look close under certain weather conditions.

http://www.fordedgeforum.com/index.php?aut...eq=sc&cat=7

I am going to have to just stop worrying about it...the more I see of it, the less I like it.

:banghead:

Sorry...I know you all are trying to help.

One thing I do know though - I've wanted a sun roof for FOREVER - and the one in the Edge is just wonderful. I can hardly wait.

Once I'm inside the car, I won't care what color it is anyway!

I am going to have to just stop worrying about it...the more I see of it, the less I like it.

:banghead:

Sorry...I know you all are trying to help.

One thing I do know though - I've wanted a sun roof for FOREVER - and the one in the Edge is just wonderful. I can hardly wait.

Once I'm inside the car, I won't care what color it is anyway!

That was the one downside to the sage green paint code was the lime green interior accents!

:hysterical: Just playing with ya!

It will be just fine. It looks better in real life than a picture.

Edgy Girl, don't worry...I have the Sage one and it looks great. It's awesome in the sun, and on a cloudy day it looks kind of silver, so it's like your getting two colors in one.

However it does not look anything like the sage on the ford site....Hope it works for you.

I love mine. Someday I'll post some pic's.

I've changed out the headlights for some Luminics H11 HID white and I have JDM yellow's in the fog's.

The whites are so much better than the stock lamps. Bright white with a blue tint to them. Best thing I've done yet.

I have a sharkfin antenna (looks like the one on new BMW's) on the spoiler for the Sat antenna.

And red brake calipers all around. :happy feet:

Let us all know if you like it when you get it......I think you will.

I test drove one in light sage - very nice colour - the lightest of grays with green tint....

No worries.. its nice...

Well, we went to pick up our "cool concrete" car this afternoon.....and we came back home in our Pacifica!!!

And it wasn't even the lime green accents that did me in.

The car was an SEL, and it was supposed to be an SEL +....this wouldn't have been such a big deal if hubby didn't have back issues. The SEL+ has the passenger seat with power - thus enabling him to get a certain degree of comfort when I drive.

The dealer was royally ticked, and after the shouting match was over, we just decided it was a misunderstanding. He has another car ordered for us to pick up tomorrow - again, slightly more money. It's definitely an SEL + this time, as I went over the invoice this time line by line by line.

And you know the funny thing? I was hanging around that car for a good 3 hours this afternoon - and the more I saw of it, the more I liked it!!!! (Well, except for the pink interior.)

(Seriously though, this time the new car will have the camel interior - I guess I'll just have to get extra strength sunglasses for the glare.)

Thanks for all the positive comments today!

Too bad about the delay....but glad everything is getting straitend out. I am also glad the color is growing on ya!!

On a side note, what do you think of your Pacifica?

Absolutely love that Pacifica - one of the nicest cars I've ever owned...

BUT the rear visibility is downright dangerous...major issue! I hated parking in busy parking lots and had a few close calls backing up. Finally decided it was time to move on....

It's also not the most responsive car on the planet, if you know what I mean.

Back to the Edge - was I dreaming, or is this the car built on a Volvo frame?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I also went with the Light Sage Green... I love it!

I probably would've preferred the rust color (not sure the official name) with the black leather interior... But I'm happy with the sage for sure!!!

Here's a picture of mine:

Edge%20001_med.jpg

I did get the grey interior instead of the camel though... I didn't like the camel much.

p.s. to the mods/admin:

Not having dynamic pages allowed in the IMG tags is a bummer.

BJ

:happy feet: I wanted the Silver but ended up with the Light Sage with the Stone interior and it really is a good color and looks great on the Edge. :shades: