Are you folks ready to KILL me?

Wow, long story here so bear with me, suffice to say however, I am VERY impressed with my EDGE.

I will start with this, I have spent the last 2+ hours reading this and many forums, something I read in the Ford Employee forum, finally got me to post/fess up. I feel like I have just joined a 12 step program. Here is the quote that got me (again, after reading so much and learning a ton)

Hi guys (and gals) been awhile since I've posted. Just wondering if anyone has seen the Jan.sales figures for the Edge and other Ford vehicles. Maybe it's just me and the shows I watch but there seems to be a distinct lack of advertising up here in Canada for all Ford products. I've heard nothing but good things from customers who have taken delivery of an Edge and management claims they are counting on it to help rebuild the Ford name, so why aren't they getting the word out?There are probably 250 million people out there in NA who don't even know what an Edge is.(Hoping someone in Dearborn actually reads some of these posts)

So here goes, the tranny went out on my 02 Intrepid Thursday. In no way SHAPE OR FORM did I want to buy a new car, I haven't had a car payment since '02 when I bought the p.o.s. Dodge cash. I am a real estate broker so large room, creature comforts are kinda important to me and yes, navi is a TOOL for me, not a toy. The trep had aftermarket NAVI. Anyhow, I went to drive a used Mercedes S430 and fell in love with it. The dealer was farchocht and treated me like I was second rate. I bolted from there and went to dinner. On the way to dinner (this was yesterday btw) I saw a Ford Dealer. I have had 5 Ford products in the last 20 years so I have always been comfortable with them. I popped in to look for a 'band-aid' vehicle to get me through a year or two. Criteria was large space in back and NAVI. I ran into a fella from Wales BC who started selling at the dealership LAST WEEK. Being in sales, I appreciated this and wanted to work with him specifically, he has sold one other car.

Blah blah blah, test drive this yada yada yada then I am about to leave and I see a pic of the EDGE. I ask what's that? he says crossover, yada yada yada, '...you know, you've seen the commercial....' I said I have no idea what the hell that is but let's take a peek. When I got home and looked at the ford website, saw a video of the commercial, I knew it immediately, the commercial that is, but I would have NEVER guessed it was FORD. Possibly one of the WORST media campaigns I have ever been party too.

Drove it and fell in love with it (of course right?) and then I spec'ed one out. Fairly limited options, no BAMR (learned that on this forum, tyvm) but WITH NAVI. They said 34k or sumtin I said ok, get it done. Left it at that.

This morning they call say the whole bs good news bad news blah blah blah. Dave I can't find your unit but I found one that is loaded for like 3k more. I say, (this will show my niavete) "I don't care, order one from Deerborn :wacko: , I can wait two weeks." I know now, that was a perposterous thing to say after reading the posts. He says, cmon, it's end of the month, I want to get a deal done its got a Vista Roof AWD, Park Assist... I say, I dont need that (had never seen BAMR btw, now I think is fantastic) he says how about 1k more, you can take this one home TODAY, I actually had the NERVE to say no! I started to walk and I mention to the nice Brit, get him to do it for the same terms we agreed to last night and you got a deal.

Anyhow, they did it, I got an ABSOLUTELY BALLIN' EDGE about 2k below MSRP and they gave me 3k for a Dodge Intrepid with no Tranny!!!!!!

I am now convinced they are the most aggresive, honest and costumer oriented Ford dealer in my area, I will GLADY say it was METROPOLITAN FORD in Eden Prairie, MN the salesman was James and the Biz Manager was Tommy.

When I drove it home, I called the wife she had no idea what was going on, she was expecting a Mercedes, she said wtf is an EDGE? I said I don't know for sure but you are going to LOVE it and LOVE it she does.

AWD Amethyist Over Stone, BAMR, NAVI, SR, Park Assist.... FANTASTIC!!!

I bet the folks at Ford would LOVE to know I bought this in LIEU OF A MERCEDES S430 but really, how much would a more efficient production process and media campaign really REALLY boost this vehicle?

CONGRATULATIONS for getting a fantastic vehicle at a fantastic price!!!! I do agree that Ford should at the very least use various colors in their commercials rather than copper. Many people see my creme brulee and ask what it is? When I tell them the Edge and mention the commercial, they say, "This is that same vehicle?!" I have only seen one amethyst in person and it is beautiful. You and your wife enjoy the edge!!!

I just got back to work from a stop at Metropolitan Ford.

It is a nice dealership.

Talked to a salesman named Kent.

I really liked the Edge, and if I end up with one, it will definitely be the Dark Amethyst.

However, I have one big hangup.

The rear center headrest is not removable.

In every car I've ever owned that had a center headrest, it was removed and put into a drawer the day I bought it.

Not sure I can get used to seeing that big lump in the middle of my rearview day after day.

Any thoughts??

I just got back to work from a stop at Metropolitan Ford.

It is a nice dealership.

Talked to a salesman named Kent.

I really liked the Edge, and if I end up with one, it will definitely be the Dark Amethyst.

However, I have one big hangup.

The rear center headrest is not removable.

In every car I've ever owned that had a center headrest, it was removed and put into a drawer the day I bought it.

Not sure I can get used to seeing that big lump in the middle of my rearview day after day.

Any thoughts??

You could just leave the center 'console' down with the cup holders accessible. Then you wouldn't have the headrest in your line of sight. I have never had issues with the headrests in this or any other vehicle, and I am an average height 5'10" The wife 5'1" pisses and moans about them all the time......

If you can, be sure to work with James Burton and tell him Dave Starr told you to ask for him 612-618-9435, he's fantastic. You'd better giddyup though, I was just there Wed afternoon and they had moved through 6 Edges since I bought mine. I saw one up front, not sure how many others they had though.

I know Tommy, another salesman, has his eyes set on the next amethyst to come through....call James and cut him off at the pass :hysterical: .

As a side note, I have had three different sets of clients in the truck since last week, they are all impressed with it and quite comfortable in the back seat as well. The other agents at the office keep asking 'who's truck is that?' , ' Is that a FORD?' The broker took it for a spin too, he said ironically enough, the interior 'looks like a Mercedes...' and he had no idea about my Mercedes story.