Tablet mount for Edge

Ok, so I was originally going to put a dvd player in my Edge, because I used to have one in a car years back and miss it. Also my Edge seems to be the party, beach, club, etc. pick of my friends to ride out in, so why not some entertainment!?!? Well, I thought, instead of living in the 90's like I usually do, haha, and using a DVD player , why not a Tablet? It's all pointing to the tablet.......

DVD player: You have to buy DVD's, and some artists I like don't have them, hard to hide a DVD player in the dash, so could get stolen, other than playing DVD's on a screen, it's just like a regular old aftermarket cd player

Tablet: I can use Pandora, youtube, hulu, GPS, calender, etc. etc., disconnect it and stash it from criminals when parked, take it out and use it as a tablet (duh), I could also use the stock stereo system, so I can still play cds or satelite, etc. etc.

So, tablet seems like the way to go, especially when you match $ costs to eachother versus actual usefullness.

But has anyone seen a cool mount that looks impressive, or centered for backseat drivers? I was thinking that my tray has a removable rubber mat, so I could mount a mount there, and when removed, the rubber mat hides any holes that was left behind from screws. And advice would be awesome!! Even advice on what tablets you folks use that have hotspot services, etc. THANKS!!!!!

Oh, and when given some advice and decide on my plan of attack, I will do this and post pics and procedures on how I did it!!!

I think I may end up going this route, very simple, but drilling this arm bracket (below is the page) into the tray on the dash, centered above the radio. This way I can flip the tablet up when loading cd's, etc. flip back down when I want the tablet there, to be watched by passengers, me, etc. and it will be centered in the dash (I'm a bit OCD when it comes to stuff like that, haha), and if I need to sell the edge later, I can just put the rubber mat back in and all holes hidden. I actually saw an add-on for this arm, that is magnetic, so I emailed RAM to see how thick the metal has to be to work...... the other thought I had was to attach some flat stock under dash tray, and use the magnetic if possible, this way I can remove the whole assembly and not even have the arm there without svews and tearing apart the dash, when I'm just rolling around without the tablet or when selling the vehicle.

http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResults/PartDetails/tabid/63/partid/082065077045066045049051056085045067/Default.aspx

Edited by gehlsurf

• 4 months later...