Edge aftermarket tail lights?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

The factory tail lights are just a little too flashy for my liking. I'm looking for a black set of led tail lights, where the entire break light part of the lens is black and filled with individual led bulbs. minimal chrome, I just want an led aftermarket look.

• 7 months later...

Just a heads up from Daniel Stern:

"...I must caution you in the strongest possible terms that the "LED bulb" idea raised in that thread is not a solution to the problem, and it is extremely dangerous and quite illegal. "LED bulbs", even the fancy ones with multiple emitters facing various directions, cause the vehicle's lamps not to perform in a safe or legal fashion with respect to the intensity of light emitted, the ratio of bright (brake or turn) to dim (tail or park) intensity, and the angles through which the light is distributed. If a vehicle is involved in a collision, and the lighting equipment is found not to be equipped with a legal light source or otherwise not to be performing in the intended manner, the vehicle owner can be exposed to very significant liabilities..."

These are the only aftermarkets I would consider as they will not emit as much heat as they have a polimer instead of plastic on the base, and they are also rated for 14volts continuos use, so they will last at least 5 times as much:

The amber (front park/turn) ones are here...

The clear (rear brake/tail) ones are here...

I replace myself the front already, they are plug and play, the rear the same but will do it tomorrow, the intensity of light is more ro less the same to me...