Hello!

TemeC

Hey all,

Been a fan of Fords for a long time. Since my first vehicle a 77 F250, till now. Two weeks ago I traded in my 2006 F250 Dsl CrewCab Lariat 4wd lb for a 2009 Edge SEL FWD. I did a ton of research on here and other sites about the Edge and I am extremely happy with my choice. I must say I was a little worried about having some buyers remorse after switching from a big truck to the Edge. But after two weeks I am still loving it! The mpg is great! Averaging 21-22 over the first couple tanks. Much better than the 16 I was getting with the Diesel. And with prices the way they are in SoCal, I was spending around $150 a tank!!! Was originally looking for a Limited model, but found a cherry SEL with leather, heated seats, Sync, and Vista Roof. Wasnt to keep on the Navi, so I am glad i found one without it.

So far I have Plasti-Did'd the wheels and fog lamp bezels, and added a short stubby antenna. Looking forward to getting the windows tinted, and maybe some performance mods. But so far i am having a blast!! Its nice to be able to fit into parking garages again, and not have to back in everywhere!!

I posted a few pictures in my gallery!

Thanks for all the help so far

Welcome to the Edge family! I have looked plasti-dip over a few times because I like the idea. Buy I'm just afraid it will look too cheap. I saw your pics and the finish looks really well. You did a great job getting an even coat on them. Did you take them off to dip them or just tape the brake and roaters up?

Welcome to the Edge family! I have looked plasti-dip over a few times because I like the idea. Buy I'm just afraid it will look too cheap. I saw your pics and the finish looks really well. You did a great job getting an even coat on them. Did you take them off to dip them or just tape the brake and roaters up?

I pulled the wheels. I wasnt very comfortable with having the entire vehicle up on 4 jack stands so I pulled the rears first, then reinstalled, then pulled the fronts. It is really quite easy to get an even finish. They even have other colors so you can make it glossy or have a metallic finish. I liked the regular black. It is more of a satin finish, not a true flat color. I used about 1 can per wheel, but I bought extra just in case, and for touch ups later on. I just washed the wheels the day before, then gave them a wipe with a rag soaked in alcohol after I got them off the Edge,

Try it, you'll love the results!