2013 Edge Ecoboost in Canada

granto

I've finally decided to order an Edge. I haven't owned a Ford in about 26 years and I'm looking forward to it. My father in law was a factory worker in Oakville but unfortunately he's already passed away and won't see me in a vehicle his factory built. Placing my order for a Tuxedo Black Limited on Monday! :)

Check with Ford, even though your father in law has passed, you might still be entitled to discounts.

I am still eligible for A/Z plan even though he has passed. When my mother in law is gone, the discounts will end. She is a great mother in law though and I'd rather have her alive, not just for the discount! :)

Edited by granto

I love my Eco boost....... Black with 20" chrome rims and touch screen nav and love the sunroof. Great ride and a quick little fuel efficent vehicle

Great to hear! Sounds like we have exactly the same equipped vehicle. I hope the fuel economy is as good as I'm expecting.

Congratulations on your purchase. I've been very happy with my EcoBoost purchase but not everyone has. I think it's been too easy to focus on the top end fuel economy figure which you really won't see unless you are driving at about 100 KPH or less, steadily on the highway. Whatever your results, I still think it will be an improvement over the economy of the larger 3.5 engine that you might otherwise be driving. The real benefit is the great low end torque with excellent accelerattion which I really appreciate. Of course taking advantage of that excessive torque (because it's enjoyable) is going to lead to lower fuel economy so you need to be disciplined. Darn!

BTW, I just confirmed that I could easily carry a 15 foot canoe on top of my EcoBoost Edge. Algonquin Prov Park is in my future plans.

Congratulations on your purchase. I've been very happy with my EcoBoost purchase but not everyone has. I think it's been too easy to focus on the top end fuel economy figure which you really won't see unless you are driving at about 100 KPH or less, steadily on the highway. Whatever your results, I still think it will be an improvement over the economy of the larger 3.5 engine that you might otherwise be driving. The real benefit is the great low end torque with excellent accelerattion which I really appreciate. Of course taking advantage of that excessive torque (because it's enjoyable) is going to lead to lower fuel economy so you need to be disciplined. Darn!

BTW, I just confirmed that I could easily carry a 15 foot canoe on top of my EcoBoost Edge. Algonquin Prov Park is in my future plans.

Great to hear you can transport your canoe. My wife and I love Algonquin Park! Here's a photo of us loaded up on our way to Algonquin, unfortunately it's not a Ford...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/444/gmcu.jpg/

• 4 weeks later...

My edge arrived at the dealer on Wednesday evening and I just took delivery of it this morning. I guess that works out to 33 days from the time I ordered till I picked it up. I've only driven it for about 20km but so far I'm very happy with it. Too bad it was pouring rain when I picked it up.... :(