USB Flash Drive Audio & Touchscreen Control Questions

Hello,

Am about 2 months into my 2012 Edge and I love it so far, but have a couple of questions:

- Copying MP3's onto a Flash Drive and then connecting to the car to play music does work, but it seems to be scanning through multiple folders and just clumping everything into one big playlist. Is there a way to prevent that? Like if I have different complete albums in different folders, or if I have a seperate folder of my girlfriend's music?

- If I try to use the touchscreen contols too much while driving, it locks me out. Which is fine, I probably shouldn't be messing with it while driving anyway. But when my girlfriend is in the passenger seat, and is trying to be navigatress and find the nearest burger joint, and it locks her out too, that gets frustrating. And it allows her to chide me for not getting the CR-V like she wanted. Any way to alter this behavior? If the car is smart enough to tell if there's a passenger and turn the airbag on or off accordingly, it stands to reason that it should be able to adjust the function of the touchscreen too.

Stopping the behavior of locking you out or having the GF not give you crap? If the later no chance. There is one company that makes a device to unlock all features while in motion (NavTV) but it is expensive...like $425.

As for the MP3's...I believe the system uses the info in the ID3 tags. So if this info is not correct it doesn't matter how you organize the music onthe drive. But if you hit the browse button you should have the ability to search by artist, album, playlist etc.

Okay, it turns out that it actually is folder-agile for MP3's on the flash drive. I just didn't dig deep enough into the browse menu.

I talked to the NavTV people, and it turns out that their solution is actually a hardware mod, not just a software thing. Do I really want to spend $425 and risk screwing up my warranty to jailbreak a few features? Doesn't seem like a good bet. Anyone know of any other workarounds?

Do I really want to spend $425 and risk screwing up my warranty to jailbreak a few features? Doesn't seem like a good bet. Anyone know of any other workarounds?

I agree, I keep waiting to see if Coastaletech comes out with one since they include a harness so there is no cutting/splicing wires. At least if something goes wrong you can undo it and be back to stock.