2012 Edge Sport Trailer Hitch

I installed the HiddenHitch 87617 and T wire harness Draw-tite 118515 on my Edge this last week. Installation was easy and looks like it came factory installed. Hitch and wiring took about 2.5 hours and I soldered and heat shrieked the power lead splices for the fuse holder and the eyelet to connect to the battery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I joined this forum strictly for the info on hitch install and have found all the info very helpful - so thanks!

Just wanted to say I installed a Reese hitch (part #44672 - Canadian Tire part #0401379 $230) today on my 2013 Edge Sport and had zero issues. Small cuts to the heat shield as previously noted, no change to the facia at all. I did find this video to be helpful as well for those considering the job:

http://youtu.be/C8lBxKVo1UU

The instructions that came with the hitch were also helpful and basically just back up everything here. I don't have my wire harness yet but plan on doing that as soon as it arrives.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here are some pics...this hitch WILL fit without trimming rear fascia at all. Some minor trimming of heat shields for muffler, which is completely normal with any hitch. Does not cause any bowing or bulging at all. Looks like it should have come from the factory like that. Install is quite easy and straight forward as with any Hidden Hitch/Draw-Tite/Reese hitch. Took me an hour and twenty minutes (including time my wife came out to chat while I was working). All in all I am very satisfied and hope others will be too.

I installed in same manner cjd3 did, so if you're looking for install instructions use his as they are quite good. I just used a different part number for the hitch itself.

3486d5a4-1.jpg77fae86e.jpgcf19a26b.jpg

Hey thank you very much for this info I just bought my 2014 edge sport and have been looking for this info!!! I really dont want to cut my rear fascia! I will show this to my tech!

• 1 year later...