2012 Edge Sport Trailer Hitch

I will try and post pics when I can. I can tell you it fits and it works perfectly for hauling my 4 slot bike rack. I don't really pull anything except an occasional 2 wheel trailer and I won't do that until this fall. I want to get a hitch cover just to hide the 2" hole but all-in-all I am very pleased with the results.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

cjd3 that is a great post and instructions, but that is not on a Sport model. The rear fascia is lower on the sport, and calls for different hitch.

Ā 

I ordered the Hidden Hitch 87617 or Draw-tite 75728 (same model, just badged differently) just depends on what my parts guy can get his hands on first, as the hidden hitch says it is in production, but the Draw-tite was available in Indiana, just needed to be shipped North of the border.

Ā 

As soon as it shows up I will install and get some pics. He did call Cequent (manufacturers of Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch, Reese) and they confirmed it will indeed fit, and he said if not he will take it back no re-stocking fee....so we shall see. His biggest concern was that my Edge is a 2013, and all the websites say will fit 2011-2012...which is no concern to me as they haven't changed.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some pics...this hitch WILL fit without trimming rear fascia at all. Some minor trimming of heat shields for muffler, which is completely normal with any hitch. Does not cause any bowing or bulging at all. Looks like it should have come from the factory like that. Install is quite easy and straight forward as with any Hidden Hitch/Draw-Tite/Reese hitch. Took me an hour and twenty minutes (including time my wife came out to chat while I was working). All in all I am very satisfied and hope others will be too.

Ā 

I installed in same manner cjd3 did, so if you're looking for install instructions use his as they are quite good. I just used a different part number for the hitch itself.

Ā 

3486d5a4-1.jpg77fae86e.jpgcf19a26b.jpg

• Like 3

It is a simple install take your time, and be patient with the kink wire/fishing everything through the frame that was the hardest part. other than that align it well and enjoy.

Ā 

Ā 

The hitch itself has some data printed on it and mentions 3000lbs. I know my intentions for the hitch is to pull a small utility trailer with my ATV in it and maybe some stuff to the dump, or yard debris etc., or move some small moving of furniture or the like. No serious weight and I don't plan on hauling anything heavier than my ATV or motorcycle on a light trailer.

• 2 weeks later...