Where to find the flasher for the directionals???

Very interesting study, now they forgot to post how much revenew they made a year enforcing that law in different states...money write beautiful numbers!!! :talkhand:

Personally I feel it very uncomfortable, and in my case, given my driving habits, useless, my Edge 2008 has 30,000 miles...including a couple of long road trips, I drive usually 15-20 minutes a day each direction..., :hide:

I'm not encouraging anybody to stop using the seatbelt, whomever feel comfortable using it, be my guest, I feel it completelly uncomfortable (and IMO useless)...Bikers can use even a armor and in an ugly accident they will have very few chances of surviving!!! Simply you are the body...And again in Houston TX is legal to drive with no helmet, I'm assuming in other states as well.

I've driving for over 25 years and I have never had any accident, couple of bumps from stupids driving yes of course...whom has not...but you can not fix stupid, not even using seatbelts or helmets!!!!

You should resist the urge to comment on subjects of which you know nothing. I can tell you from personal experience that helmets and related safety gear save lives. I've been riding motorcycles for more than 35 years including road racing and dirt track. I also take an experienced rider training course and/or track training class at least once every three years so I consider myself a somewhat better than average rider. About 15 years ago I was involved in a serious accident in the mountains of North Carolina when a car pulled out of a driveway without looking. My bike sustained more than $5,000 damage, my jacket was mostly shredded and my helmet delaminated from extended sliding on the pavement and impact with a curb. Yet I walked away without even a headache (some minor road rash on my back). I have had friends come off their bikes at even higher speeds (during races) and walk away without a scratch. Even those who have experienced injuries such as broken bones would have been much worse without their protective gear.

The argument that you don't need safety devices like seat belts because you haven't had an accident is an attempt at trying to prove a negative... no better than people who say that deer whistles work because they've never hit a deer. Well, my UFO whistles must work also because I've never been abducted by aliens. You may never be involved in a serious accident and that's a good thing. But no matter how good a driver you are or how careful you are, you can't account for the other guy who is texting or does something else stupid leaving you no opportunity to avoid a collision.

• Like 1

The quickest and easiest way to resolve and/or prevent hyper flash is to use high power LED bulbs that are at least 30 watts. The higher wattage will not trigger the hyper flash because it's drawing the same amount of current as the stock bulb. So no need for resistors.

I have actually put together an LED bulb pack for the front and rear turn signals and reverse/backup lights. The turns are 50W bulbs that has ten 5W CREE LEDs and the reverse bulb is a 25W using five 5W CREE LEDs. The bulb pack will be owing on sale later this month. Keep an eye out for them.

The quickest and easiest way to resolve and/or prevent hyper flash is to use high power LED bulbs that are at least 30 watts. The higher wattage will not trigger the hyper flash because it's drawing the same amount of current as the stock bulb. So no need for resistors.

I have actually put together an LED bulb pack for the front and rear turn signals and reverse/backup lights. The turns are 50W bulbs that has ten 5W CREE LEDs and the reverse bulb is a 25W using five 5W CREE LEDs. The bulb pack will be owing on sale later this month. Keep an eye out for them.

The 2008 has no bars, just the regular dual filament bulbs, on both, front and back....

The 2008 has no bars, just the regular dual filament bulbs, on both, front and back....

Not sure what you mean when you say "bars". The 50W LED bulbs in my kits are direct replacements for the front and rear turn signal bulbs in all model year EDGEs and have dual function just like the dual filament stock bulb.

What I saw on the website is the dome replacements, and the side front bars located on the bumper for the newer models, the 2008 has a round fog light instead with a big glass lens, no bars on the bumper, I know that the directionals on the headlights are the same, and those are the ones I'm trying to get, both for the front directionals in yellow and the brake in red on the back, are those what you are trying to introduce now?...

Dan, you sell turn signal LEDs? :drool: Oh, and great report, Dingo! Maybe those 9% of people SHOULD have died... although the loss of life is always traumatic, I can't say I feel bad for someone dying in a flipped car when they tried to go 80 mph around a turn marked 25 mph... I personally know people that have survived crazy crashes due to seatbelts/dumb luck, but their driving habits haven't changed at all. Is that not a danger to society? lol I'm not offended by anything anyone's saying. That was just a simple statement said while laughing! :)

• 1 month later...

I sent in a question on the DAYTIME website. Maybe we can get a group buy from them. I too have an 08 and just put in LED's that are less than the 30 watts and ended up with the hyper flash of the turn signals.

Has anyone heard from them since August. I would think later on in August, as he said in his comment, should be about now allowing for delays and whatnot!

I have no idea where to pick up 30 watt LEDS unless I order off the web and then I am not sure they would have sufficient 360 degree lighting.

• 1 month later...

There are several on eBay. Cree 30W and 50W. Just search

4 for Rear taillight: 3157 LED 50W

2 for Front Blinker: 3457A LED 50W

2 for Rear Blinker: 3757A LED 50W

technically you will find the last two are the same. The rear blinkers should probably be 30W because the 3757 is not as bright as 3457 There is a store selling them in pairs for $44

As far as not fewer injuries in the 50's.... that's because they don't count fatalities as injuries ;)

technically you will find the last two are the same. The rear blinkers should probably be 30W because the 3757 is not as bright as 3457 There is a store selling them in pairs for $44

As far as not fewer injuries in the 50's.... that's because they don't count fatalities as injuries ;)

Not familiar with Cree... doesn't look like what's available at the auto stores. Are these bright enough and do they have a 360 degree pattern? I am sure if I research further I will figure that out but they look like first generation bulbs I tried once and they worked from either directly in front or the back of the vehicle when looking at the brakes or directionals. From the side... not effective.

Sorry, your post doesn't make sense. The differences between 3157, 3457, 3757, or any 3x57 (and even 4x57) bulbs apply only to the original incandescent bulbs. They all have the same base and wiring configuration (ignoring the CK versions which don't apply to Ford). The only difference is in the output of the two filaments as measured in candlepower or lumens. Since the wattage of LED bulbs is always specified separately, the distinction between various 3x57 models is meaningless (except the A on the end is for amber color of course) and almost all vendors use the generic 3157 designation to apply to 3057, 3157, 3357, 3457, 3757, 4057 and 4157 replacement. In fact, 3157 style dual filament bulbs can also be used to replace 3156 style single filament bulbs because the two inner contacts on the base that power the "dim" filament are not present (therefore ignored) in the single filament socket. This is how the rear turn signals are configured on the Edge - it's a single filament socket with a dual filament bulb.